|County||Greene County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|49 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||549 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||535 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||534 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||15 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Wilberforce University has a deep commitment to provide academically excellent and relevant higher education, particularly for African-American men and women. This commitment aims at increasing the probabilities of success in college and subsequent careers for all individuals previously excluded from the mainstream American society. The mission of Wilberforce University is the development of a total person. Central to this mission is the preparation of students for leadership in today's complex job market and society at large. Consequently, the University emphasizes the integration of liberal arts education and supervised work experience.
- Wilberforce University seeks to help its students to think logically and act creatively in all areas of human experience, to develop social awareness and a sense of responsibility to self and others, acquire an acquaintance with the various areas of human knowledge, acquire an appreciation and an understanding of aesthetic values, become familiar with the origin and development of democratic ideas and institutions, utilize the scientific method in problem solving, develop wholesome attitudes and Christian ideals, develop skills in communication: clear and creative writing and speaking, as well as appreciative understanding and critical evaluation of what is communicated, select and prepare for specific vocations by combining academic preparation and practical job experience.
- Academic excellence, social responsibility and empowerment are the foundation stones of the Wilberforce academic program. The University offers a variety of majors in Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees
- Wilberforce University is a unique institution located in a state rich in America's private college tradition. Founded prior to the end of slavery in 1856, it is the nation's oldest, private African-American university. For 147 years WU has, through sheer force of will, provided young African-American students with a solid educational experience.
- Wilberforce is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is affiliated with many collegiate organizations and associations, including the United Negro College Fund.
Related School Videos:
Wilberforce University Dawn Dance 2014 Kid N Play
4 months ago
Wilberforce University Cheerleaders HC 2k13
7 months ago
Related School News:
- Wilberforce University alumni pledge $2 million to help the struggling ... - The Plain Dealer
posted on August 4, 2014 at 12:13:41 pm
WILBERFORCE, Ohio - Wilberforce University alumni have committed $2 million to help the struggling school, the oldest private historically black university in the natio ...
- Alumni fight to help Wilberforce University suvive - Youngstown Vindicator
posted on July 30, 2014 at 02:28:53 pm
Modesto BeeThe southwestern Ohio university and its alumni association say alumni committed to raise $2 million in cash donations. Wilberforce University officials say in a statement today released first to The Associated Press that those donations include $400 ...Alumni Rallying ...
- Wilberforce University Selects New President - Diverse: Issues in Higher Educatio
posted on July 21, 2014 at 02:52:20 am
â€œThe full University Board has not acted to resolve the financial challenges facing the University despite awareness of them,â€ the HLC wrote. Wilberforce university offici ...