|County||Greene County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|49 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||549 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||535 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||534 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||15 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Wilberforce University has a deep commitment to provide academically excellent and relevant higher education, particularly for African-American men and women. This commitment aims at increasing the probabilities of success in college and subsequent careers for all individuals previously excluded from the mainstream American society. The mission of Wilberforce University is the development of a total person. Central to this mission is the preparation of students for leadership in today's complex job market and society at large. Consequently, the University emphasizes the integration of liberal arts education and supervised work experience.
- Wilberforce University seeks to help its students to think logically and act creatively in all areas of human experience, to develop social awareness and a sense of responsibility to self and others, acquire an acquaintance with the various areas of human knowledge, acquire an appreciation and an understanding of aesthetic values, become familiar with the origin and development of democratic ideas and institutions, utilize the scientific method in problem solving, develop wholesome attitudes and Christian ideals, develop skills in communication: clear and creative writing and speaking, as well as appreciative understanding and critical evaluation of what is communicated, select and prepare for specific vocations by combining academic preparation and practical job experience.
- Academic excellence, social responsibility and empowerment are the foundation stones of the Wilberforce academic program. The University offers a variety of majors in Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees
- Wilberforce University is a unique institution located in a state rich in America's private college tradition. Founded prior to the end of slavery in 1856, it is the nation's oldest, private African-American university. For 147 years WU has, through sheer force of will, provided young African-American students with a solid educational experience.
- Wilberforce is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is affiliated with many collegiate organizations and associations, including the United Negro College Fund.
Wilberforce university freestyle rap battle
5 months ago