|County||Greene County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|49 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||549 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||535 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||534 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||15 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Wilberforce University has a deep commitment to provide academically excellent and relevant higher education, particularly for African-American men and women. This commitment aims at increasing the probabilities of success in college and subsequent careers for all individuals previously excluded from the mainstream American society. The mission of Wilberforce University is the development of a total person. Central to this mission is the preparation of students for leadership in today's complex job market and society at large. Consequently, the University emphasizes the integration of liberal arts education and supervised work experience.
- Wilberforce University seeks to help its students to think logically and act creatively in all areas of human experience, to develop social awareness and a sense of responsibility to self and others, acquire an acquaintance with the various areas of human knowledge, acquire an appreciation and an understanding of aesthetic values, become familiar with the origin and development of democratic ideas and institutions, utilize the scientific method in problem solving, develop wholesome attitudes and Christian ideals, develop skills in communication: clear and creative writing and speaking, as well as appreciative understanding and critical evaluation of what is communicated, select and prepare for specific vocations by combining academic preparation and practical job experience.
- Academic excellence, social responsibility and empowerment are the foundation stones of the Wilberforce academic program. The University offers a variety of majors in Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees
- Wilberforce University is a unique institution located in a state rich in America's private college tradition. Founded prior to the end of slavery in 1856, it is the nation's oldest, private African-American university. For 147 years WU has, through sheer force of will, provided young African-American students with a solid educational experience.
- Wilberforce is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is affiliated with many collegiate organizations and associations, including the United Negro College Fund.
Related School Videos:
Concierto Wilberforce University Choir
3 months ago
2013 Wilberforce University Commencement Ceremony
4 months ago
Related School News:
- Hardaway Resigns as President of Wilberforce University - WYSO
posted on July 17, 2013 at 10:02:44 pm
Wilberforce University President Patricia Hardaway is stepping down from her post at the end of this year. Hardaway informed the university's Board of Trustees that she will will resi ...
- 1 stabbed near Wilberforce University - WHIO Dayton
posted on June 26, 2013 at 03:49:01 pm
A man was taken to an area hospital Tuesday evening after he was stabbed near Wilberforce University. A witness who reported the incident took the vict ...
- Wilberforce University Still in Turmoil - Diverse: Issues in Higher Educatio
posted on February 13, 2013 at 03:03:38 am
When it comes to the future of Wilberforce University, graduating senior and student government president Brandon Harvey doesn't see much hope. He's afraid his alma mater?the ...