Central State University
|County||Greene County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||1,450 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||167 students|
|Full-Time Graduate||1 students|
|Part-Time Graduate||5 students|
|Total Enrollment||1,623 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,184 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||96%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||77%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$2,459|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||37%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$904|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||31%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$5,711|
|% Students Receiving Loans||87%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$5,367|
- Central State University academically prepare students with diverse backgrounds and educational needs for leadership and service in an increasingly complex and rapidly changing world. An open access institution, Central State University fosters academic excellence, providing a strong liberal arts foundation with majors in selected fields.
- The University's goal of "Excellence in the New Millennium" includes becoming a national resource center, through its Institute for Urban Education, for the training of urban teachers and the exchange of scholarship on urban education problems and opportunities. The Colleges of Education, Arts & Sciences, and Business & Industry, which includes Manufacturing Engineering and Water Resources Management, form the core of the University's academic offerings.
- Academics are the heart of Central State. We are committed to producing graduates that are well qualified to move into their chosen profession or go on to graduate school. Central State has a strong heritage and rich legacy of academic excellence. Let us prove it to you by joining us.
- Central State is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, four miles northeast of Xenia and 18 miles east of Dayton. The campus is midway between Cincinnati and Columbus on U.S. 42, about 55 miles from each city. Air and bus transportation is available to Dayton, and local bus lines service travelers to Xenia and Wilberforce.
- CSU is accredited by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.,National Association of Schools of Music,North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Ohio Department of Education.
Related School Videos:
Holiday Wishes from Central State University
0 days ago
Related School News:
- Former Chair of the Fayetteville State University Board of Trustees to Deliver ... - ParamusPost.com
posted on March 25, 2013 at 08:01:43 pm
Former Chair of the Fayetteville State University Board of Trustees to Deliver ...ParamusPost.comBrown also received a bachelor's degree in political science/social studies ...
- Central State University Swears In First Female President - Afro American
posted on March 8, 2013 at 01:37:37 am
Central State University Swears In First Female PresidentAfro AmericanCentral State University, a public, historically Black university located in Wilberforce, Ohio, swore in its first female ...
- Ohio adopts standards for remedial education - Dayton Daily News
posted on December 21, 2012 at 02:34:13 am
Ohio adopts standards for remedial educationDayton Daily NewsCentral State University next fall will also change its remedial offerings by working with ...