|County||Greenville County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|247 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,944 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,698 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||246 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,785 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||159 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||560-650||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||560-670||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||24-31||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||24-28||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||25-29||20-25|
- Furman has been an exemplar of a new type of liberal arts institution. While still grounded in the humanities, arts and sciences, the university has earned a national reputation for its program of engaged learning, a problem-solving, project-oriented, experience-based approach to the liberal arts. Engaged learning encourages students to develop creative ways to put classroom theory into practice and to take a more active role in their education through internships, service learning, study abroad and research.
- Furman University offers degrees in 42 fields of study, with top-quality academic advising to help you determine what field of study is the best match for your interests. Each department is strongly committed to Furman’s unique vision of Engaged Learning.
- Furman is located on 750-acre campus with a lake, 36 major buildings including a 500,000-plus volume library, computer science and mathematics building, high-tech social sciences building, 2,000-seat auditorium, music complex with recital halls and technology lab, theatre, visual arts building, infirmary, classroom building with Humanities Center, student center, residence halls, dining hall, physical activities center, and chapel. The campus also includes a 16,000-seat football stadium, athletic fields, tennis center, soccer stadium, multi-purpose arena, and 18-hole golf course.
- Furman is ranked as one of the 50 finest liberal arts colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Furman stands second among liberal arts colleges in the nation in both the number and percentage of undergraduates participating in summer research. Furman also ranks first in the number of different disciplines studied during summer research. Furman has been recognized for its excellence by the Wall Street Journal, Barron's Best Buys in College Education, the John Templeton Foundation, Kiplinger's, and Peterson's The Competitive Colleges.
Related School Videos:
Furman University Summer Scholars 2014 Week 2
1 month ago
2 months ago
Related School News:
- South Carolina College Road Trip: Furman University - U.S. News & World Report
posted on September 26, 2014 at 12:36:45 pm
With a spring-fed lake, golf course and miles of paved woodland trails, Furman University has a peaceful gated-community feel â€“ conducive, administrators hope, to ...
- Plans submitted for a grocery store on 14 acres near Furman University. - Greenville News
posted on July 21, 2014 at 01:28:42 pm
Land has been cleared and The site, scrubbed of trees after weeks of grading, sits at the corner of Old Buncombe and Duncan Chapel roads, across from Holmes Bible College an ...
- Furman University gets high marks for teacher preparation - Charleston Post Courier
posted on June 18, 2014 at 12:02:14 am
Source: National Council on Teacher Quality. Furman University is among the best universities in the nation for preparing new middle and high school teachers for the classro ...