|County||Greenville County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||2,629 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||119 students|
|Full-Time Graduate||125 students|
|Part-Time Graduate||85 students|
|Total Enrollment||2,958 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||2,425 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||14%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$5,592|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||37%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$8,229|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||81%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$21,533|
|% Students Receiving Loans||38%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$6,743|
- Furman has been an exemplar of a new type of liberal arts institution. While still grounded in the humanities, arts and sciences, the university has earned a national reputation for its program of engaged learning, a problem-solving, project-oriented, experience-based approach to the liberal arts. Engaged learning encourages students to develop creative ways to put classroom theory into practice and to take a more active role in their education through internships, service learning, study abroad and research.
- Furman University offers degrees in 42 fields of study, with top-quality academic advising to help you determine what field of study is the best match for your interests. Each department is strongly committed to Furmanís unique vision of Engaged Learning.
- Furman is located on 750-acre campus with a lake, 36 major buildings including a 500,000-plus volume library, computer science and mathematics building, high-tech social sciences building, 2,000-seat auditorium, music complex with recital halls and technology lab, theatre, visual arts building, infirmary, classroom building with Humanities Center, student center, residence halls, dining hall, physical activities center, and chapel. The campus also includes a 16,000-seat football stadium, athletic fields, tennis center, soccer stadium, multi-purpose arena, and 18-hole golf course.
- Furman is ranked as one of the 50 finest liberal arts colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Furman stands second among liberal arts colleges in the nation in both the number and percentage of undergraduates participating in summer research. Furman also ranks first in the number of different disciplines studied during summer research. Furman has been recognized for its excellence by the Wall Street Journal, Barron's Best Buys in College Education, the John Templeton Foundation, Kiplinger's, and Peterson's The Competitive Colleges.
Related School Videos:
Furman University, Carolyn freshman move in
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- history museum shows off St. Nick dioramas - Spartanburg Herald Journal
posted on December 24, 2012 at 04:19:27 pm
history museum shows off St. Nick dioramasSpartanburg Herald JournalThe museum hopes to find a grant or a fund to help pay for the restoration. ?We think some ...
- His career just may have some legs: Shawnee native invited to January Major ... - Shawnee Dispatch
posted on December 24, 2012 at 04:18:53 pm
His career just may have some legs: Shawnee native invited to January Major ...Shawnee DispatchColeton Henning, a Shawnee native and St. Thomas Aquinas alum, was one of 54 ...
- Travelers Rest moves one step closer to Furman University annexation - Travelers Rest Tribune
posted on December 21, 2012 at 02:11:00 pm
Travelers Rest moves one step closer to Furman University annexationTravelers Rest TribuneTRAVELERS REST, S.C. ? On Thursday, Travelers Rest councilmembers voted ...
0 mi. away
14.1 mi. away
26.0 mi. away
27.1 mi. away
27.9 mi. away
37.2 mi. away