North Greenville University
|County||Greenville County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|147 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,428 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,004 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||424 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,215 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||213 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||470-680||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||490-670||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||470-660||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-30||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||20-30||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||8-11||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-29||20-25|
- An education at North Greenville University is regarded as preparation for effective Christian service and witness. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, is the solid foundation of the curriculum and the basis of the philosophy of education and of life.
- The State of South Carolina chartered the institution as North Greenville High School in 1904. The next year the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention assumed control of the school as part of its Mountain Mission School System, a relationship that lasted 25 years. In 1929, the North Greenville Baptist Association again accepted responsibility for the school, which had been, renamed "North Greenville Baptist Academy" in 1915.
- The Degree program North Greenville College offers are BACHELOR OF ARTS (Christian Studies, Intercultural Studies, Youth Ministry, Media Ministry, Print Media, Broadcast Media, Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, English, History, History/Social Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, International Business, Church Music (Praise and Worship), Church Music (Seminary), Music Composition, Music Performance, Music Education (Choral), Music Education (Instrumental), Theatre), BACHELOR OF SCIENCE ( Accounting, Applied Gerontology, Biology, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Management, Mathematics, Outdoor Leadership, Psychology, Sport Management, Interdisciplinary Studies), ASSOCIATE DEGREE (Arts, Science, Fine Arts), GRADUATE DEGREES (Christian Ministry, Business Administration).
- North Greenville University is located in Tigerville in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Tigerville is a pastoral community 18 miles north of Greenville, South Carolina, the state's largest metropolitan area, less than 12 miles from Greer and about 35 miles from Spartanburg with easy access to I-85, I-26, and US 276 and 25. The campus setting provides a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains, with the campus itself situated on the summit of a rolling hill amid acres of college-owned land.
- North Greenville University is also a member of the South Carolina Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, the South Carolina Higher Education Assessment Network, the Southern Baptist Association of Colleges and Schools, The South Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the National Christian College Athletic Association, the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, and Tuition Exchange, Inc. Documents of accreditation may be found in the office of the President of North Greenville University.
- North Greenville University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097: Telephone Number 404-679-4501) to award Associate degrees, Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
North Greenville University
1 year ago.
0 mi. away
10.5 mi. away
23.2 mi. away
25.8 mi. away
39.1 mi. away
40.7 mi. away