|County||Spartanburg County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,565 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,550 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||540-650||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||560-670||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||530-630||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||23-30||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||21-29||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||23-29||20-25|
- Wofford College is well known for its excellence in the biological and physical sciences (the classshown here is taught by Dr. Jameica Hill, a Wofford graduate and professor of chemistry). About one-third of each graduatingclass completes a major in biology, computer science, chemistry, mathematics, physics or psychology. More than 800 of the15,000 living Wofford alumni practice medicine, dentistry or other health care professions.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees are offered in 25 majors and eight minors. Woffordalso has seven pre-professional programs and seven other offerings within the academic departments.
- Campus life at Wofford always has revolved around widespread participation in student-ledorganizations In the 19th century, every student was a member of either the Calhoun or the Preston Literary Society. Thesociety halls were comfortable, carpeted rooms, devoted solely to that purpose, were well lighted and furnished withattractive opera chairs, and their walls were ornamented with many oil paintings of distinguished alumni and professors.Regular meetings, which were devoted to debates and discussions about the important issues of the day, were held each Fridaynight, beginning at seven-thirty o’clock and lasting frequently until midnight or later.
- Wofford College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Collegesand Schools to award the degrees of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science.
- Wofford's 150-acre campus is home to Main Building and four original faculty homes that comprise theWofford College Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Wofford College Gameday: Citadel v. Wofford
3 months ago
Jerry Richardson and Wofford College
8 months ago