|County||Abbeville County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|64 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||757 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||569 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||188 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||534 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||223 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||440-565||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||460-570||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||18-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-25||20-25|
- Through its curriculum, Erskine offers a broadly based education combining work in diversedisciplines, proficiency in basic skills, fields of major concentration and elective courses. The College offers the Bachelorof Arts and the Bachelor of Science degrees. Erskine College has offered both degrees since the 1930s. The Bachelor of Artsdegree is offered for programs in the liberal arts and sciences. The Bachelor of Science degree is offered in certain appliedstudies or career-oriented programs and in specific programs in the natural sciences to prepare students for graduateschools.
- Erskine College is located in Due West, a town of 1,200 residents located in historic AbbevilleCounty, South Carolina, an area rich in colonial, Revolutionary War, and Civil War History. The town and the college, with anumber of antebellum buildings, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. An annual spring festival brings alarge number of tourists to share in the cultural and historic heritage of the county.
- Erskine’s spacious 85-acre campus provides classic and modern facilities. The signature towers of theErskine Building are complemented by a state-of-the-art science facility. Centrally located on the campus is the Bowie ArtsCenter, a modern 14,000-square foot museum and gallery. The Galloway Activities Center contains two gyms, racquetball courts,weight room, and athletic training facility. The Literary Societies, as old as college, are located on campus. Students eatat an award-winning cafeteria and campus cafés.
- The college maintains sound and varied recreational and athletic programs. The college encouragessport activities among all students in a belief that participation in sport at the intercollegiate, intramural, orrecreational level aids in the overall personal development of the individual.
- Erskine College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Collegesand School to award bachelor of arts and bachelor of science degrees. The teacher education programs of the college areapproved by the State Board of Education using the Standards of the National Association of State Directors of TeacherEducation and Certification (NASDTEC). Erskine is on the approved list of the American Association of University Women(AAUW).
Hayden Banks Interview - Erskine College
3 months ago
Combine Academy Black vs Erskine College JV
2 years ago