|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
2014 Davidson College Commencement
1 month ago
Backcountry Odyssey Program at Davidson College
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Student receives Merit Scholarship to attend Davidson College - Savannah Morning News
posted on July 8, 2014 at 07:24:32 pm
A Savannah student, Robert Bayne Brannen, has received the J. Estes Millner Music Scholarship as an incoming student at Davidson College. Bayne will enroll with th ...
- Going Big Time: Davidson College joins the A-10 Tues. - DavidsonNews.net
posted on June 30, 2014 at 10:50:58 pm
Join Wildcat coaches and athletes for an A-10 party Tuesday night, 6-9, at The Brickhouse in Davidson, details below. By JONATHAN COX /CorneliusNews.net. Davidson College athletics will begin a new chapter Tuesday when it moves ...Wildcats ar ...
- Davidson College scrubbing historic perk for students - Waterbury Republican American
posted on June 9, 2014 at 05:15:00 am
It's hard to know where to start when it comes to historic quirks about Davidson College â€” in business since 1837 and the place where Woodrow Wilson practiced his ...