|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
1 month ago
2014 Davidson College Commencement
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Davidson College Reports 2 Sexual Assaults Over Last 2 Weeks - TWC News
posted on September 27, 2014 at 10:37:41 pm
DAVIDSON, N.C. -- Davidson College officials have reported two sexual assaults on campus over the last two weeks. School leaders say the first assault happened on Sept. 14. The s ...
- 2 Sexual assaults reported on Davidson College campus - WBTV
posted on September 27, 2014 at 02:30:27 am
Davidson College confirmed to Friday that two sexual assaults have taken place on campus in the last two weeks. The assaults occurred on September 14 an ...
- 2 Davidson College students report sexual assaults - Charlotte Observer
posted on September 27, 2014 at 12:00:14 am
WCNCDavidson College issued campus warnings this week after two female students reported being sexually assaulted in separate incidents on campus. The college received the first report on Monday from a stud ...