|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
2014 Davidson College Commencement
1 month ago
Backcountry Odyssey Program at Davidson College
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Davidson College scrubbing historic perk for students - Waterbury Republican American
posted on June 9, 2014 at 05:15:00 am
It's hard to know where to start when it comes to historic quirks about Davidson College â€” in business since 1837 and the place where Woodrow Wilson practiced his ...
- Davidson College honors Wilton High School alumna - The Wilton Bulletin
posted on June 6, 2014 at 02:05:13 pm
Sarah Gustafson, a 2014 Davidson College graduate and Wilton High School alumnus, plans to pursue her master's degree at the University College London and Queen Mary Univ ...
- Ooltewah Student Awarded Scholarship To Davidson College - The Chattanoogan
posted on June 3, 2014 at 06:06:57 pm
. Tuesday, June 03, 2014. An Ooltewah student, Kyhl Alexander Austin, has received the Thompson S. and Sarah S. Baker-Vagt Scholarship as an incoming studen ...