|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
Davidson College Study Abroad?India Fall 2013
1 month ago
Swing 42 - Davidson College Jazz Combo
1 month ago
Chubbies Ambassador Davidson College
3 months ago
Davidson College Farm
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Garden ideas will bloom at Davidson College event - Charlotte Observer
posted on February 8, 2014 at 05:47:05 am
The symposium, began in 1984, combined efforts of the Davidson Garden Club and Davidson College faculty and staff members to offer education in the field ...
- Davidson College thespians produce dark comedy - Huntersville Herald
posted on February 6, 2014 at 06:10:28 am
DAVIDSON – The Davidson College theater department is preparing for the debut of “Mr. Marmalade,” a dark comedy play by Noah Haidle about a little girl's imaginati ...
- Davidson College SGA voters guide 2014 - DavidsonNews.net (blog)
posted on February 3, 2014 at 01:02:27 am
Zi Yang '16 – If Davidson is a grand performance hall, then every one of our uniquely talented students deserves a share of spotlight. Through the Davidson Trust, t ...