|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
1 month ago
2014 Davidson College Commencement
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Arrest Nation :: Davidson College Quarterback J.P. Douglas Arrested
posted on October 21, 2014 at 07:24:00 am
Name: J.P. Douglas Team: Davidson College (College Football) Charges: Assault With a Deadly Weapon Inflicting Serious Bodily Injury, Weapon on ...
- Davidson College starting QB arrested on assault charge
posted on October 20, 2014 at 08:04:00 pm
The starting quarterback for Davidson College has been suspended from ...
- Davidson College will use $6M gift from Duke Endowment for scholarships
posted on October 9, 2014 at 04:29:00 pm
Davidson College has received a $6 million gift from the Duke Endowment to support scholarships over the next three years. Those funds will assist the private college in Davidson in its efforts to recruit and enroll students from across the country, ...