|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
4 months ago
2014 Davidson College Commencement
8 months ago
Swing 42 - Davidson College Jazz Combo
1 year ago
Related School News:
- Employee severely burned at Davidson College - WCNC
posted on January 23, 2015 at 05:51:11 pm
"There was another worker working with him at the time. who quickly pulled him out of the steam. So his exposure to the steam was not very long," said Bill Giduz, Davidson College spokesperson. The school says no students were in danger at any time.Officials: Davidson Coll ...
- Davidson College holds King Day on campus - Huntersville Herald
posted on January 15, 2015 at 05:24:05 pm
DAVIDSON â€“ Davidson College invites the public to a series of events Jan. 19 to commemorate Martin Luther King Day. The schedule includes activities for children, performances, talks and seminars f ...
- Assault charge dropped against Davidson College QB - WCNC
posted on January 8, 2015 at 01:18:10 am
Charlotte ObserverDAVIDSON, N.C. -- The State of North Carolina has dropped the assault charges against a Davidson College quarterback stemming from an altercation with another student back in October. John Phillip (JP) Douglas was facing the charge of assault with a ...Assault c ...