|County||Mecklenburg County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|189 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,791 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,791 students||1,434 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||620-720||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-720||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||620-720||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- The liberal arts curriculum at Davidson is dedicated to the intellectual and personal growth of students. It affirms the intrinsic worth of a broad exposure to intellectual and artistic achievement. While ever evolving, a liberal arts education with its emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, and life-long learning, continues to prepare students for "lives of leadership and service" as we begin the 21st century.
- As a liberal arts college, Davidson emphasizes those studies, disciplines, and activities that are mentally, spiritually, and physically liberating. Thus, the college concentrates upon the study of history, literature and languages, philosophy and religion, music, drama and the visual arts, the natural and social sciences, and mathematics. The college encourages student engagement with other cultures through domestic and international studies. The college also requires physical education, provides for competitive athletics, and encourages a variety of social, cultural, and service activities.
- With an active Honor Code, a student/faculty ratio of 11:1, and athletic teams competitive in the NCAA Division I, this historic 450-acre campus is an excellent choice for the student who seeks a vigorous undergraduate education in a residential environment.
- Davidson College is accredited in its awarding of baccalaureate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
4 months ago
2014 Davidson College Commencement
8 months ago
Swing 42 - Davidson College Jazz Combo
1 year ago
Related School News:
- Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Speaks At Davidson College March 12 - WFAE
posted on February 17, 2015 at 07:56:17 pm
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will speak at Davidson College on Thursday, March 12, Davidson College announced Tuesday. While tickets to hear Sotomayor speak are curre ...
- Davidson College world premiere reunites theater veterans - Charlotte Observer
posted on February 17, 2015 at 04:37:11 pm
The full title of Shakespeare's gender-confusion comedy is â€œTwelfth Night, or What You Will.â€ Davidson College produced â€œTwelfth Nightâ€ in 2013. Aptly enoug ...
- Davidson College vigil remembers slain Muslim students - DavidsonNews.net (blog)
posted on February 12, 2015 at 08:45:33 pm
There were tributes and tears, poems and prayers Thursday morning as hundreds of Davidson College students and staff and a few town residents gathered on campus to remember the thr ...