|County||Rowan County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|66 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,111 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,097 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||330-410||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||340-410||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||320-390||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||11-18||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-17||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||14-19||20-25|
- The College purpose it to provide academic excellence in all programs by diverse courses of study appropriate to undergraduate education, to provide effective teaching by the faculty with strong academic preparation, who nurture students in and out of the classroom, to create academic options that prepare students to pursue careers, graduate and professional studies, and life-long learning as needed for a changing social and technological world, to create opportunities for practical application of knowledge through internships, cooperative education, experiential learning, and community service.
- The college provides degrees in Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Science (BS), Bachelor of Social Work (BSW). The Student to Faculty Ratio is 18:1. The college also provides Dual Degree Program in Law & History or Political Science (open to Livingstone students majoring in History or Political Science); Dual Degree Engineering Program (open to Livingstone students majoring in Science and Chemistry).
- The college is open to full and part-time adult degree-seeking students (age 21 or older) can major in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, and Religious Studies. The degree offered are Accounting, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Elementary Teacher Education (K-6), English-Liberal Arts, English-Teacher Education (9-12), History, Law/History-Dual Degree, Law/Political Science-Dual Degree, Mathematics-Liberal Arts, Mathematics-Teacher Education (9-12), Music-Liberal Arts, Music-Teacher Education (9-12), Physical Education-Teacher Education (K-12), Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, Science/ Engineering-Dual Degree, Sport Management, Social Studies-Teacher Education (9-12), Social Work, Sociology.
- The college Campus located 35 miles north of downtown Charlotte, North Carolina on a 272-acre campus in the Historic District of Salisbury. The physical plant consists of 22 brick buildings, of which seven are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Livingstone College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Bachelor of Social Work degrees.
Tom Joyner speaks at Livingstone College
12 days ago
5 months ago