Belmont Abbey College
The Belmont Abbey College educates undergraduate students from diverse religious, ethnic and cultural backgrounds in the liberal arts tradition as guided by the Catholic intellectual heritage and inspired by the 1500-year-old Benedictine monastic tradition. This heritage is sustained through fidelity to the Christian message as it comes to us through the Church. Such an education provides knowledge of traditional Judeo-Christian moral principles, and prepares students for responsible citizenship and a successful career.
Belmont Abbey College
|County||Gaston County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|86 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,706 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,590 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||116 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||420-560||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||450-570||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-26||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||19-25||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-24||20-25|
- The College also provides the local community with educational, religious, artistic and cultural benefits through its tradition of liturgy, theater, distinguished speakers, scholarly research, library access, athletic events and other outreach services
- The Catholic Benedictine traditions and values upon which the College was founded 130 years ago informs all aspects of campus life, including academics. Benedictine monks take three vows: stabilitas, conversatio morum, and obedientia which when translated simply mean stability, being amenable to change and improvement, and listening. Belmont Abbey College provides a stable environment in which to listen, discuss and learn, to grow, and become open to change.
- The Student Life division is designed to support the College mission through programs, opportunities and services offered to students. We seek to provide an environment that is safe, healthy, challenging, and supportive for all students to realize their personal and professional potential
- The Belmont Abbey College is located in Belmont just 10 minutes from Charlotte, NC.
- We are ranked one of the top comprehensive liberal arts and professional studies colleges in the South by U.S. News and World Report and celebrate excellence and virtue steeped in our 129 year Catholic college, Catholic, Benedictine heritage
- Belmont Abbey College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur , Georgia 30033-4097: Telephone number 404-679-4501) to award the B.A. and B.S. degrees. A member of the North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities, Belmont Abbey College is on the approved list of the American Medical Association. Its degrees are accepted by graduate and professional schools. It is designated by the state approving agency as an institution qualified to offer training to veterans.
Related School Videos