Davis & Elkins College
Davis & Elkins College offers a personalized undergraduate education rooted in the liberal arts tradition. That tradition values breadth and depth of learning and affirms the importance of tradition and experimentation. All academic programs share a common commitment to provide students a broad conceptual framework.
Davis & Elkins College
|County||Randolph County, WV|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|57 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||818 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||791 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||27 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||400-520||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||410-550||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||340-500||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||16-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-22||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||17-23||20-25|
- Davis & Elkins College is a coeducational liberal arts college which offers a personalized undergraduate education that values breadth and depth of learning and affirms the importance of tradition and experimentation.
- More than 30 academic programs leading to associate and baccalaureate degrees are offered, ranging from traditional arts and sciences to professional studies—including nursing and teacher education—as well as innovative programs such as hospitality and recreation management. Pre-professional programs prepare students for admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, forestry, the ministry, occupational therapy, pharmacy and law. The Honors Program offers an extra challenge for highly motivated students.
- Elkins, West Virginia--a vibrant community of nearly 10,000--lies in the center of one of the East’s most important outdoor recreation areas. Most of the metropolitan areas of the East, South and Midwest are within a day's driving distance of the College.
- Davis & Elkins is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA) and was established through the influence of former United States Senators Henry G. Davis and Stephen B. Elkins. The first classes were held on September 21, 1904.
- Davis & Elkins College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing and also by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Nurses.