Alderson Broaddus College
Alderson Broaddus College
|County||Barbour County, WV|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|73 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||870 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||821 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||49 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||826 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||44 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||420-510||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||440-520||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||390-480||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||18-21||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-23||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||19-24||20-25|
- Alderson-Broaddus is a place to learn...a place to develop your potential. Our first purpose is to create settings, opportunities and an atmosphere where you can pursue your academic and professional interests. You will also spend time in activities and places outside the classroom where a different kind of learning occurs. Here you develop maturity through meaningful relationship with others.
- Alderson-Broaddus College offers programs in the health sciences, social sciences, humanities, natural sciences and education. All programs are based on a strong liberal arts foundation that prepares students for responsible citizenship and lifelong learning. The College maintains strong ties with the American Baptist Churches U.S.A., and encourages the academic goals of expanding knowledge, intellectual inquiry, and critical thinking. It also encourages Christian values, including reasoned religious belief, personal moral integrity, and service to others. The College is a caring community that strives to meet the intellectual, spiritual, social, psychological, and physical needs of students. Alderson-Broaddus College is committed to serving the region as an academic, cultural, and religious resource.
- Established in 1871, Alderson-Broaddus is a liberal arts institution that is well known for its outstanding health-related programs, which include the nation's first four-year physician assistant program, West Virginia's first college nursing program, and five other health-related majors.
- A-B is one of four West Virginia Colleges listed in the Top Tier of Southern Comprehensive College's - Bachelor's category. U.S.News & World Report ranks colleges and universities by mission and region, academic excellence, and against their peers, based on composite weighted scores.
- Alderson-Broaddus College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Alderson Broaddus College - 1957
1 year ago
To Thomas Alderson Broaddus College PA Program
3 years ago