Martin Methodist College
Martin Methodist College
|County||Giles County, TN|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|61 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,072 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||958 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||114 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
- Martin Methodist College, as a four-year, coeducational, United Methodist related institution of higher education, has as its purpose is To offer a sound academic education based upon a Judeo-Christian understanding of humankind and a global understanding of the human experience, To provide opportunities for students to complete an Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree while enabling them to become responsible and discerning individuals, To serve the church and community through educational, social, spiritual, recreational, and cultural programs and activities, To foster for students, staff, and faculty an atmosphere conducive to constructive participation in the affairs of the college and To assist persons employed by the college to achieve personal and professional growth.
- The faculty and staff of MMC want every student to have a successful college experience and are committed to providing them the best academic advisement possible. After Freshmen Orientation, students are required to particpate in a Freshmen Seminar that covers a variety of topics designed to promote a successful transition to college life.
- As part of a Liberal Arts education, MMC offers more than 26 majors, emphasis areas, and pre-professional programs through its academic divisions of Business, Education, Humanities, Mathematics and Sciences and Social Sciences. Each semester there is a pre-registration period, designated by the Vice President for Academic Affairs, which gives the student a chance to predetermine their courses for the ensuing semester. Students are assigned a faculty advisor who will assist them in the pre-registration process.
- Martin Methodist College bears the name of Thomas Martin who provided for the establishment of a school for girls in Giles County by giving the original endowing gift of $30,000 through a provision in his will in 1870. His bequest was the fulfillment of a dream of his daughter Victoria who, before her death at the age of twenty, requested that her father establish such a school for young women.
- Martin Methodist College is related to the Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church. On an historic campus located in Pulaski, Tenn., in the beautiful hills of southern Middle Tennessee, the college is convenient to both Nashville (70 miles to the north) and Huntsville, Ala. (40 miles to the south).
- Martin Methodist College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; telephone number 404-679-4501) to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. The college is also accredited by The University Senate of the United Methodist Church, and chartered by the State of Tennessee.
Martin Methodist College Family Day 2018!
5 months ago