|County||Newberry County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|73 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,042 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,012 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||30 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||400-520||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||430-550||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||420-520||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||15-22||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-23||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||16-22||20-25|
- Newberry College, a coeducational undergraduate college of the liberal arts and sciences, is a residential learning community dedicated to the intellectual and personal development of its students in a caring and supportive academic environment.
- With 20 majors, 25 areas of concentration, and 29 minors, 980 students, and a 14:1 student-teacher ratio, Newberry College ensures that students receive individual attention and guidance as part of its values-based curriculum. In addition to Majors and Minors in eighteen disciplines, Newberry College offers two Honors Programs, the Pre-Seminary Track, and ROTC, as well as pre-professional programs in Law, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Veterinary Medicine. Three dual-degree programs offer students the opportunity to attend Newberry College for three years and then transfer to Duke, MUSC, or Palmetto Baptist Medical Center so that upon completion of those programs, the student will have earned two degrees.
- Newberry College offer more than 50 organizations for students in campus. Newberry College provides many opportunities for excellence outside the classroom. Over fifty percent of our students participate in NCAA Division 2 inter-collegiate sports. The athletics program includes fifteen NCAA competitive teams for men and women.
- Newberry offers a comprehensive program of student financial assistance including scholarships, grants, student loans, and employment. The College's 21 buildings and athletic facilities are well-equipped to serve student needs. The College centers on a quadrangle that is heavily planted with azaleas, and other trees and shrubs.
- The Herman Langford Communications Center, completed in 1990, has state-of-the-art communications facilities including a TV studio, radio station, as well as audio and video production suites. The McClurg Center, along with the nearby Science and Mathematics Building, house classrooms, seminar rooms, science and computer laboratories, art studios, and offices.
- Newberry College's 90-acre campus is located in the center of South Carolina in the city of Newberry, the safest in the state. Newberry College's 90-acre, wooded campus is located less than a mile from local shopping areas in the small town of Newberry, SC.
- Newberry College is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Newberry College: Borrower Spotlight
4 months ago