Founded in 1927 as one of the first regional campuses of a major university in the United States, Pitt-Johnstown is a four-year degree-granting fully accredited, coeducational, residential undergraduate college of the University of Pittsburgh. With 2,700 well-qualified full-time students and a suburban campus of striking beauty, Pitt-Johnstown combines the strong academic reputation and outstanding resources of a major research university with the personal appeal of a smaller college.
University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown
|County||Cambria County, PA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|144 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,932 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,823 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||109 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||450-540||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||460-560||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||430-530||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||19-25||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||6-8||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-24||20-25|
- The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is a comprehensive college offering baccalaureate and associate degrees in the arts and sciences and in selected professional fields. UPJ’s mission is to offer an affordable, high-quality educational experience to students of strong intellectual potential.
- The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown is proud of its ability to offer students an excellent educational opportunity in a beautiful natural setting. The college is committed to continuing excellence in education and to promoting a mutually enriched and diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- University Of Pittsburgh-johnstown offer more than 40 majors and programs of study having a average class size of 25 and Student-to-Faculty ratio of 18 to 1. All classes, including laboratories, taught by faculty, without graduate assistants.
- You'll find plenty of academic challenges at Pitt Johnstown! But you'll also discover a varied and enjoyable social life. You can relax, develop your talents and make friendships that will last a lifetime. Diversity has a lot to do with it. There are more than 70 student organizations at Pitt Johnstown, offering a varied and enjoyable life outside the classroom.
- University Of Pittsburgh-johnstown is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Commission on Higher Education; Technology Accreditation Commision of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Murtha Center proposal for University of Pittsburgh Johnstown campus pared back - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
posted on September 23, 2013 at 04:08:54 am
A center named for the late Pennsylvania congressman John Murtha -- albeit a smaller one -- is being planned for the University of Pittsburgh Johnstown campus, state and university officials said. Officials say they expect what is n ...