Monmouth College was founded in 1853 by pioneering Presbyterians. As a campus community we honor that heritage and value religious diversity as we explore the spiritual dimension of human existence and the relationship between faith and knowledge. As both observers and participants we seek to deepen our understanding and appreciation of the creative tension that exists among the principles of democracy, pluralism, equality, and freedom in our own nation and beyond.
|County||Warren County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|102 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,247 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,234 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|ACT English (25-75%)||18-23||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||18-22||20-25|
- Monmouth College is a nationally-ranked liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Located in western Illinois, midway between Chicago and St. Louis, Monmouth has an enrollment of 1,340 students, most of whom live on campus in ten attractive residence halls and a modern apartment complex.
- Monmouth College offers many degree programs, topical majors, pre-professional areas of study, enriched learning opportunities for academically talented students and opportunities for study across the United States and abroad. Areas of study includes Accounting, Art, Biochemistry, Biology, Biopsychology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Classics, Communication & Theater Arts, Computer Science, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Science, French, Greek, History, International Business, International Studies, Introduction to Liberal Arts, Latin, Management Information Systems and Math.
- Pre-Professional Programs are offered in Architecture, Computer Science, Dentistry, Engineering, Law, Library Science, Medical Technology, Medicine, Ministry and Christian Education, Nursing, Occupational and Physical Therapy, Reserve Officers Training Corps, Social Service, Teaching and Veterinary Medicine.
Related School Videos
Related School News:
- IN THE CLASSROOM - Monmouth College - MyWebTimes.com
posted on January 15, 2015 at 02:37:04 am
- MyWebTimes.comMary Griffith, of Granville, daughter of Robert Trent and Jan Griffith, of Granville; Lauren Kellen, of Mendota, daughter of ...
- Monmouth College Names New Football Coach - WGIL Radio News
posted on January 13, 2015 at 12:53:40 am
Longtime assistant Chad Braun will become the 31st head coach in the 122-year history of Monmouth College football. Braun will take the reins after serving as th ...
- Rewind Chicago: Naval Training At Monmouth College
posted on May 15, 2014 at 04:48:00 pm
This installment of "Rewind Chicago" takes us ...