|County||Knox County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,394 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,388 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Knox was founded in 1837 by social reformers who opposed slavery in all its forms and believed deeply in the potential of every human being to learn, grow, and contribute to the greater good of the community. In 1849, Rev. Samuel G. Wright was made a trustee of the College.
- Knox’s physical resources are top notch, and unlike students at larger universities, Knox students get hands-on access to every file or apparatus Knox has to offer. Facilities at the campus includes Ford Center for Fine Arts, George Davis Hall, Green Oaks Field Station, Libraries, The Umbeck Science-Mathematics Center, Jail, Old Main and Athletics.
- The college offer more than 60 courses of study, including 39 majors and 51 minors, pre-professional and cooperative programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- The college is accreditated by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, Illinois State Board of Education and American Chemical Society.
Related School Videos:
Men's Basketball vs. Knox College
3 months ago
Knox College Liberal Arts Beyond the Status Quo
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Knox College sports briefs - The Knox Student
posted on March 6, 2014 at 03:59:14 am
GALESBURG â€“ The Prairie Fire men's tennis squad, hoping to continue their two-game win streak, were only able to split a pair of matches against Lawrence ...
- IL Schools, Including Knox College, Among Top for Peace Corps Volunteers - WGIL Radio News
posted on February 12, 2014 at 03:14:47 pm
Knox College CHICAGO (AP) â€” Several Illinois universities are among the institutions that send the most volunteers to serve in the Peace Corps. The Peace Corps on Tuesday released its annual list of the nation's top volunteer-producing institutions.Knox among top schools for Pe ...
- Knox College fends off Lady Vikes at Alex - Lawrentian (subscription)
posted on January 31, 2014 at 02:02:46 pm
Hosting Knox College on Saturday, Jan. 25, the women's basketball team came up short in a nail-biter. The Vikings were ready to send their Midwest Conference rival hom ...