|County||Knox County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,394 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,388 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Knox was founded in 1837 by social reformers who opposed slavery in all its forms and believed deeply in the potential of every human being to learn, grow, and contribute to the greater good of the community. In 1849, Rev. Samuel G. Wright was made a trustee of the College.
- Knox’s physical resources are top notch, and unlike students at larger universities, Knox students get hands-on access to every file or apparatus Knox has to offer. Facilities at the campus includes Ford Center for Fine Arts, George Davis Hall, Green Oaks Field Station, Libraries, The Umbeck Science-Mathematics Center, Jail, Old Main and Athletics.
- The college offer more than 60 courses of study, including 39 majors and 51 minors, pre-professional and cooperative programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- The college is accreditated by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, Illinois State Board of Education and American Chemical Society.
Related School Videos:
Knox College's 169th Commencement Ceremony
17 days ago
Knox College WIll Knock Your Socks Off
5 days ago
Related School News:
- Knox College master resigns - Otago Daily Times
posted on June 23, 2014 at 05:47:51 pm
The Rev Dr Selwyn Yeoman has resigned as master of Knox College due to health issues. Dr Yeoman was appointed in November 2012, when ...
- Knox College Commencement 2014 - Knox College
posted on June 7, 2014 at 05:40:19 pm
conducted its 169th Commencement exercises Saturday, June 7, on the South Lawn of Old Main, as more than 300 graduating seniors received their bachelor's degrees. Commencement speaker Natasha Trethewey, 19th Poet Laureate of the ... honors grad ...
- Cannabis plants found growing on Knox College campus - WQAD.com -- Quad Cities News & Weather from WQAD
posted on May 30, 2014 at 08:03:32 pm
According to a report by WGIL, cannabis plants were discovered about 200 feet west of the school's tennis courts mixed in with other plants on Wednesday evening, May 28, 2014. Knox College campus security called Galesburg Police, who ...