|County||Knox County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,394 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,388 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Knox was founded in 1837 by social reformers who opposed slavery in all its forms and believed deeply in the potential of every human being to learn, grow, and contribute to the greater good of the community. In 1849, Rev. Samuel G. Wright was made a trustee of the College.
- Knox’s physical resources are top notch, and unlike students at larger universities, Knox students get hands-on access to every file or apparatus Knox has to offer. Facilities at the campus includes Ford Center for Fine Arts, George Davis Hall, Green Oaks Field Station, Libraries, The Umbeck Science-Mathematics Center, Jail, Old Main and Athletics.
- The college offer more than 60 courses of study, including 39 majors and 51 minors, pre-professional and cooperative programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- The college is accreditated by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, Illinois State Board of Education and American Chemical Society.
Related School Videos:
Knox College's 169th Commencement Ceremony
1 month ago
Knox College WIll Knock Your Socks Off
5 days ago
Related School News:
- 3-2 Program Combines Liberal Arts, Engineering Degree - Knox College
posted on July 17, 2014 at 02:15:00 pm
When Jonathan Ng was applying to college, he knew that he wanted to pursue a degree in engineering. Ng lived in Hong Kong, China, and was looking at schools across ...
- Knox College Takes Part in New Initiative - WGIL Radio News
posted on July 9, 2014 at 08:18:19 pm
Knox says throughout the next three years, faculty aill take part in determining whether or not new technology and new teaching approaches can ultimately r ...
- Knox College master resigns - Otago Daily Times
posted on June 23, 2014 at 05:47:51 pm
The Rev Dr Selwyn Yeoman has resigned as master of Knox College due to health issues. Dr Yeoman was appointed in November 2012, when ...