|County||Knox County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,394 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,388 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Knox was founded in 1837 by social reformers who opposed slavery in all its forms and believed deeply in the potential of every human being to learn, grow, and contribute to the greater good of the community. In 1849, Rev. Samuel G. Wright was made a trustee of the College.
- Knox’s physical resources are top notch, and unlike students at larger universities, Knox students get hands-on access to every file or apparatus Knox has to offer. Facilities at the campus includes Ford Center for Fine Arts, George Davis Hall, Green Oaks Field Station, Libraries, The Umbeck Science-Mathematics Center, Jail, Old Main and Athletics.
- The college offer more than 60 courses of study, including 39 majors and 51 minors, pre-professional and cooperative programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- The college is accreditated by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, Illinois State Board of Education and American Chemical Society.
Knox College 2013 Address to the Haggis
1 year ago
Related School News:
- 3 Will Receive 2015 Alumni Achievement Awards - Knox College
posted on February 13, 2015 at 11:06:38 pm
Leaders in the fields of business, sustainability, and media studies will receive Alumni Achievement Awards on Friday, February 20 at the College's 2015 Founders Day ...
- Food, Fun, and Fables at International Fair 2015 - Knox College
posted on January 26, 2015 at 03:06:27 pm
students from all around the world will showcase diverse food, culture, and entertainment as part of the 34th annual International Fair. The traditional studen ...
- Social Protest Breaks Out at Knox College MLK Events - WGIL Radio News
posted on January 20, 2015 at 04:44:48 pm
The Knox StudentIn the height of MLK day ceremonies at Knox College in Galesburg, a public protest halted visitors from leaving during the conclusion of the presentation. As visitors spilled out into the h ...