|County||Knox County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,394 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,388 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Knox was founded in 1837 by social reformers who opposed slavery in all its forms and believed deeply in the potential of every human being to learn, grow, and contribute to the greater good of the community. In 1849, Rev. Samuel G. Wright was made a trustee of the College.
- Knox’s physical resources are top notch, and unlike students at larger universities, Knox students get hands-on access to every file or apparatus Knox has to offer. Facilities at the campus includes Ford Center for Fine Arts, George Davis Hall, Green Oaks Field Station, Libraries, The Umbeck Science-Mathematics Center, Jail, Old Main and Athletics.
- The college offer more than 60 courses of study, including 39 majors and 51 minors, pre-professional and cooperative programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- The college is accreditated by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, Illinois State Board of Education and American Chemical Society.
Related School Videos:
Knox College's 169th Commencement Ceremony
3 months ago
Knox College WIll Knock Your Socks Off
5 days ago
Related School News:
- Knox College completing renovation of alumni building - The State Journal-Register
posted on September 29, 2014 at 12:34:07 pm
GALESBURG â€” Knox College in Galesburg is completing a $16 million renovation project on its alumni building from 1889. The (Peoria) Journal Star reports the refurbished Alumni Hall will be dedicated Oct. 11 and is expected ...
- Five 2014 Graduates Join the Peace Corps - Knox College
posted on September 26, 2014 at 09:56:59 pm
Over the next several months, five 2014 graduates who have been accepted into the Peace Corps will begin their service in the Philippines, Paraguay, Fiji, Mo ...
- Tom Wilson: Knox College players go numberless - Galesburg Register-Mail
posted on September 16, 2014 at 06:46:30 pm
Tracking Sports History discovered a most interesting story in the Galesburg Evening Mail newspaper from September 1914 pertaining to jersey numbers for Knox College fo ...