Tri-State University, a private institution founded in 1884, provides career-oriented higher education in the areas of engineering, business, arts and sciences and teacher education in a learning environment in which students receive personal attention through small classes and excellent teaching. The Institution's undergraduate and graduate programs encourage and foster lifelong learning that prepare graduates to be productive in professional-level positions early in their careers, to advance to leadership roles, and to provide service to society.
|County||Steuben County, IN|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|85 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,948 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,503 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||445 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,943 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||460-550||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||500-620||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-26||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||21-27||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-23||20-25|
- Tri-State University is a private, non-denominational baccalaureate and master's degree-granting institution. TSU is known for its dedication to providing students with a work-ready education that emphasizes leadership development and practical skills. Students choose TSU for its commitment to quality, personalized education, and for the competitive scholarships and financial aid programs offered. The institution currently enrolls 1,450 students at its main campus and regional centers.
- The Franks School of Education provides an educational atmosphere in which every teacher candidate is inspired to become a competent, knowledgeable, caring educator who is firmly committed to nurturing the growth of young student learners. Teacher education is hands-on at TSU. One-on-one advising; accessible faculty; immediate, real-world application of classroom concepts; and a reputation for graduating exceptional
- TSU offers career-oriented degrees in over 40 academic programs through five schools: the Allen School of Engineering & Technology, the Ketner School of Business, the School of Arts & Sciences, the Franks School of Education, and the School of Professional Studies offers programs for working adults at centers throughout the region.
- Students at TSU know how to have fun (think Chicago Day Trip, the Mid-Winter Blowout, or a trip down one of the world's only refrigerated toboggan runs). They also have access to career-enhancing opportunities by taking on leadership roles in student government and campus organizations. Students test their skills in radio, drama, pep band, chorus, intramural sports, and more. Best of all, campus residence halls are located on the school's main campus, so getting to and from the gym, the dining hall, class, and campus activities is a breeze.
- TSU is located in Angola, Indiana, in scenic Steuben County, known as "The County of 101 Lakes." The attractive 400-acre residential campus offers students the opportunity to live close to classes, activities, athletics, and events. It even features Zollner Golf Course, a top ranked 18-hole course, available to students right on campus. Students also take advantage of NCAA athletics, newly renovated facilities, and ample opportunities to get involved with a variety of campus organizations.
- TSU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. Tri-State’s programs in chemical, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET, www.abet.org). Tri-State's educational programs are accredited through the Indiana Professional Standards Board (IPSB, www.in.org) and the National Council for Acrreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE, www.ncate.org).
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Davenport track heads back to Trine University for WHAC Indoor Championships ... - The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com
posted on February 21, 2014 at 10:55:54 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. â€“ The Davenport track & field teams return to a familiar site on Saturday as members of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference gather at Trine University' ...
- Calvin College vs Trine University (2/15/14 at Hershey Hall/Angola, Ind.) - Calvin News
posted on February 15, 2014 at 08:00:16 pm
Play-by-Play Calvin College vs Trine University 2/15/14 1:00 p.m. at Hershey Hall/Angola, Ind. 1st PERIOD Play-by-Play (Page 1) HOME TEAM: ...
- Trine University film fest begins tonight - The Bryan Times (subscription)
posted on February 13, 2014 at 07:13:19 am
ANGOLA, Ind. â€” Trine University's Overlooked Film Festival launches at 7 p.m. tonight in the Fabiani Theater on the school's campus in Angola. This week's ...