Tri-State University, a private institution founded in 1884, provides career-oriented higher education in the areas ofengineering, business, arts and sciences and teacher education in a learning environment in which students receive personalattention through small classes and excellent teaching. The Institution's undergraduate and graduate programs encourage andfoster lifelong learning that prepare graduates to be productive in professional-level positions early in their careers, toadvance to leadership roles, and to provide service to society.
|County||Steuben County, IN|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|85 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,948 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,503 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||445 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,943 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||460-550||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||500-620||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-26||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||21-27||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-23||20-25|
- Tri-State University is a private, non-denominational baccalaureate and master's degree-grantinginstitution. TSU is known for its dedication to providing students with a work-ready education that emphasizes leadershipdevelopment and practical skills. Students choose TSU for its commitment to quality, personalized education, and for thecompetitive scholarships and financial aid programs offered. The institution currently enrolls 1,450 students at its maincampus and regional centers.
- The Franks School of Education provides an educational atmosphere in which every teacher candidate isinspired to become a competent, knowledgeable, caring educator who is firmly committed to nurturing the growth of youngstudent learners. Teacher education is hands-on at TSU. One-on-one advising; accessible faculty; immediate, real-worldapplication of classroom concepts; and a reputation for graduating exceptional
- TSU offers career-oriented degrees in over 40 academic programs through five schools: the Allen Schoolof Engineering & Technology, the Ketner School of Business, the School of Arts & Sciences, the Franks School of Education,and the School of Professional Studies offers programs for working adults at centers throughout the region.
- Students at TSU know how to have fun (think Chicago Day Trip, the Mid-Winter Blowout, or a trip downone of the world's only refrigerated toboggan runs). They also have access to career-enhancing opportunities by taking onleadership roles in student government and campus organizations. Students test their skills in radio, drama, pep band,chorus, intramural sports, and more. Best of all, campus residence halls are located on the school's main campus, so gettingto and from the gym, the dining hall, class, and campus activities is a breeze.
- TSU is located in Angola, Indiana, in scenic Steuben County, known as "The County of 101 Lakes." Theattractive 400-acre residential campus offers students the opportunity to live close to classes, activities, athletics, andevents. It even features Zollner Golf Course, a top ranked 18-hole course, available to students right on campus. Studentsalso take advantage of NCAA athletics, newly renovated facilities, and ample opportunities to get involved with a variety ofcampus organizations.
- TSU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.Tri-State’s programs in chemical, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering are accredited by the EngineeringAccreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET, www.abet.org). Tri-State'seducational programs are accredited through the Indiana Professional Standards Board (IPSB, www.in.org) and the NationalCouncil for Acrreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE, www.ncate.org).