|County||Du Page County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|233 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,298 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,882 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||416 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||3,052 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||246 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||480-590||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||515-610||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||475-595||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||21-27||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||21-27||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-26||20-25|
- Elmhurst is a private liberal arts college affiliated with the United Church of Christ. The College dedicates itself to the development of humane values, the skills of critical and creative inquiry, the capacity and desire to serve others, commitment to meaningful work, understanding of global interdependence, and responsible citizenship. The college affirms the spiritual basis for living a meaningful and purposeful life.
- The College offers 51 majors, four accelerated majors for adults, 15 preprofessional programs, and nine graduate programs. The Honors Program provides extra opportunities for students who are especially talented, curious, and motivated.The average class has 19 students. The student to faculty ratio—13 to 1—is among the best in higher education.
- Life at Elmhurst is active and creative. Students get involved in more than 100 activities, from theatre to intramurals to the Mock Trial Team. Three academic centers devoted to professional practice help you explore your career options, find your calling, land a great internship, and make your dreams a working reality.
- The College is located at 190 Prospect Avenue in Elmhurst. The Elmhurst campus is a 38-acre, registered arboretum. It boasts more than 600 varieties of trees and shrubs—and all the modern facilities required of scholarship today.
- Elmhurst ranks among the top colleges in the Midwest, according to “America’s Best Colleges,” the survey by U.S.News & World Report. The Princeton Review also lists Elmhurst among the region’s premier institutions of higher learning.
Related School Videos:
Elmhurst College Lacrosse 2014
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Elmhurst College to host international seminar linking Muslims, Christians - Suburban Life Publications
posted on July 16, 2014 at 05:54:06 pm
Titled â€œMuslims and Christians: Listeners for the Word,â€ the event will go beyond what separates the two religions, to what beliefs they share, the release said. Dani ...
- In the Classroom - Elmhurst College - MyWebTimes.com
posted on July 11, 2014 at 01:34:39 am
- MyWebTimes.comTwo local students graduated from May 31: Robert Dunn, of Ottawa, Bachelor of Science in marketing, and Ryan Hopkins, of Seneca, Bach ...
- Doc Severinsen to perform at Elmhurst College - Chicago Tribune
posted on June 10, 2014 at 03:56:53 pm
Bring a lawn chair and a picnic basket to the Elmhurst College Mall Saturday night to see and hear the award-winning Elmhurst College Jazz Band and trumpeter ...