Elmhurst College is a private college, enriched by its liberal arts heritage, established in 1871 by Protestant German immigrants and affiliated with the United Church of Christ.
|County||Du Page County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges II|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||2,362 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||329 students|
|Part-Time Graduate||229 students|
|Total Enrollment||2,920 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||836 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||25%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$3,472|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||40%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$3,977|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||76%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$7,722|
|% Students Receiving Loans||56%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$4,020|
- Elmhurst is a private liberal arts college affiliated with the United Church of Christ. The College dedicates itself to the development of humane values, the skills of critical and creative inquiry, the capacity and desire to serve others, commitment to meaningful work, understanding of global interdependence, and responsible citizenship. The college affirms the spiritual basis for living a meaningful and purposeful life.
- The College offers 51 majors, four accelerated majors for adults, 15 preprofessional programs, and nine graduate programs. The Honors Program provides extra opportunities for students who are especially talented, curious, and motivated.The average class has 19 students. The student to faculty ratio—13 to 1—is among the best in higher education.
- Life at Elmhurst is active and creative. Students get involved in more than 100 activities, from theatre to intramurals to the Mock Trial Team. Three academic centers devoted to professional practice help you explore your career options, find your calling, land a great internship, and make your dreams a working reality.
- The College is located at 190 Prospect Avenue in Elmhurst. The Elmhurst campus is a 38-acre, registered arboretum. It boasts more than 600 varieties of trees and shrubs—and all the modern facilities required of scholarship today.
- Elmhurst ranks among the top colleges in the Midwest, according to “America’s Best Colleges,” the survey by U.S.News & World Report. The Princeton Review also lists Elmhurst among the region’s premier institutions of higher learning.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Death Notice: David S. Lindberg, 73, of Elmhurst - Patch.com
posted on January 2, 2013 at 11:28:05 pm
Death Notice: David S. Lindberg, 73, of ElmhurstPatch.comMr. Lindberg was a former Elmhurst District 205 School Board member, chairman of the political science ...
- 1-9 Bucs fall at Elmhurst - Beloit Daily News
posted on December 31, 2012 at 11:37:08 pm
1-9 Bucs fall at ElmhurstBeloit Daily NewsELMHURST, Ill. ? Cold shooting was Beloit College's downfall in an 88-58 loss at Elmhurst College in ...
- Elmhurst College to offer classes on musicianship for children - Suburban Life Publications
posted on December 27, 2012 at 08:55:34 pm
Elmhurst College to offer classes on musicianship for childrenSuburban Life PublicationsA 15-week spring term of music lessons for children will be presented by Elmhurst ...