|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||125 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||14 students|
|Total Enrollment||125 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||100 students|
|Tuition Notes||In State And Out Of|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||30%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$2,000|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||30%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$1,500|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||92%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$8,800|
|% Students Receiving Loans||60%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$6,200|
- An independent four-year liberal arts college, Shimer’s academic programs feature an interdisciplinary core curriculum originally designed by Robert M. Hutchins of the University of Chicago and grounded in the Great Books tradition.
- The 450-acre campus includes more than 100 facilities, including a performing arts center, fitness center, and dining hall.
- Shimer College offers Day Program for traditional-age students, Every-Third-Weekend Program for working adults, Shimer-in-Oxford Program for third- and fourth-year students, Early Entrant Program for high school-age students; graduate courses in the Teaching Fellows Program for professional teacher development.
Related School Videos:
Banned Books Topple at Shimer College
2 months ago
Get to Know Shimer College.mov
9 months ago
1 Thomas Lindsay vs Shimer College
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Another recipient of revolving loan in default - Saukvalley
posted on December 26, 2012 at 07:19:33 am
Another recipient of revolving loan in defaultSaukvalleyIn 2006, the city lent $50,000 to the Campbell Center, which is in the red-brick buildings of the ...
- Student bikers on campus: Bring on the cold - RedEye Chicago (blog)
posted on December 20, 2012 at 05:24:59 pm
Student bikers on campus: Bring on the coldRedEye Chicago (blog)The 22-year-old sophomore at Shimer College, a small liberal arts college on Illinois Institute of ...
- Redd Griffin, 1938-2012 - Chicago Tribune
posted on November 29, 2012 at 10:56:34 pm
Chicago TribuneRedd Griffin, 1938-2012Chicago TribuneHe attended Oak Park and River Forest High School for two years in the mid-1950s before heading to ...