|County||Bennington County, VT|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||660 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||4 students|
|Full-Time Graduate||127 students|
|Part-Time Graduate||17 students|
|Total Enrollment||808 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||625 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%|
- The curriculum at Bennington is shaped by the diverse range of the faculty's experience and expertise, including all of the traditional liberal arts disciplines and the visual and performing arts. A student progresses through Bennington by integrating different areas of the curriculum around central ideas or questions, newly discovered and ongoing. This method of integration is called the Plan Process and is the heart of a Bennington education.
- The principle of learning by practice underlies every major feature of a Bennington education: the master-apprentice model of teaching and learning; the requirement that students direct the course of their own education; the winter Field Work Term, which gives students work experience and connects them to the greater community. The College's commitment to learning across the disciplines extends to the faculty, who teach what is uppermost in their minds, exploring new pursuits as well as ongoing areas of study and work.
- Throughout the Bennington College community, you'll find the same elements that give life to the Bennington education: curiosity, openness, respect, a sense of excitement and play, a measure of both awe and irreverence. That may be because at Bennington, the two--learning and living--are naturally intertwined.
- Bennington, Vermont, is located in the southwestern corner of the state, just 160 miles from New York City, 150 miles from Boston, and 40 miles from Albany, New York. The campus is nestled on 470 rolling acres at the foot of the Green Mountains.
Related School Videos:
Bennington College - Wiki Article
1 month ago
Related School News:
- AVA gallery presents Musings - The Union Leader
posted on March 28, 2013 at 01:52:58 pm
AVA gallery presents MusingsThe Union LeaderShe studied art at Colby Junior College in New London, and received her bachelor's in studio art from ...
- Painted on 21st Street: Helen Frankenthaler Works at the Gagosian Gallery - MutualArt.com
posted on March 28, 2013 at 08:46:56 am
MutualArt.comPainted on 21st Street: Helen Frankenthaler Works at the Gagosian GalleryMutualArt.comIt was 1950 when Helen Frankenthaler came back to New York after graduating ...
- Keynote speaker, degree recipients announced for 114th Commencement - The Beacon
posted on March 28, 2013 at 12:47:58 am
Keynote speaker, degree recipients announced for 114th CommencementThe BeaconAlso receiving honorary degrees this year will be Elizabeth Coleman Ph.D., president of ...