|County||Bennington County, VT|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|80 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||826 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||809 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||688 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||138 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The curriculum at Bennington is shaped by the diverse range of the faculty's experience and expertise, including all of the traditional liberal arts disciplines and the visual and performing arts. A student progresses through Bennington by integrating different areas of the curriculum around central ideas or questions, newly discovered and ongoing. This method of integration is called the Plan Process and is the heart of a Bennington education.
- The principle of learning by practice underlies every major feature of a Bennington education: the master-apprentice model of teaching and learning; the requirement that students direct the course of their own education; the winter Field Work Term, which gives students work experience and connects them to the greater community. The College's commitment to learning across the disciplines extends to the faculty, who teach what is uppermost in their minds, exploring new pursuits as well as ongoing areas of study and work.
- Throughout the Bennington College community, you'll find the same elements that give life to the Bennington education: curiosity, openness, respect, a sense of excitement and play, a measure of both awe and irreverence. That may be because at Bennington, the two--learning and living--are naturally intertwined.
- Bennington, Vermont, is located in the southwestern corner of the state, just 160 miles from New York City, 150 miles from Boston, and 40 miles from Albany, New York. The campus is nestled on 470 rolling acres at the foot of the Green Mountains.
Related School Videos:
Bennington College winter in one minute
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Bennington College opens arms to community, officially welcomes Class of 2018 - Brattleboro Reformer
posted on September 2, 2014 at 05:32:20 pm
Bennington College last week formed an athletic consortium, signed off by the National College Athletics Association, with Southern Vermont College to allow its students to play sport ...
- SVC, Bennington College form athletics consortium - Brattleboro Reformer
posted on August 30, 2014 at 01:31:17 pm
Representatives of Southern Vermont College and Bennington College on Thursday, Aug. 28, announced the creation of a new athletic consortium between the two schools. SVC's Michael McDonough, SVC President Karen Gross, ...
- Modernist masters on display at Bennington College - Bennington Banner
posted on August 3, 2014 at 05:48:45 pm
BENNINGTON -- On view through September 3 at Bennington's Usdan Gallery are iconic abstract works from the College's Collection, including works ...