|County||Cayuga County, NY|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|49 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||532 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||523 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||480-600||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||470-590||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||460-570||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||21-28||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||21-26||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-28||20-25|
- Wells College was established in 1868 by Henry Wells, who also founded the Wells Fargo and American Express Companies. At Wells, we offer a highly individualized experience that gives each student access to a wide array of opportunities and resources that support intellectual and personal development.
- Wells takes a unique approach to higher education that puts experiential learning at the center of all we do. Classroom learning is directly connected to future careers in a global society. Our students have unique and diverse opportunities to conduct research with faculty members, hold internships, and study across the United States and abroad.
- Approximately 40% of Wells students are awarded merit scholarships. Among the many opportunities available, the College offers Henry Wells Scholarships for academically gifted students that provide $3,000 to fund an internship experience in a setting that matches the student's academic interests. The prestigious 21st Century Scholarships for Leaders are available to high school students demonstrating academic excellence and leadership potential.
- Wells is located in the village of Aurora in the Finger Lakes region of central New York. Situated on more than 300 scenic acres overlooking Cayuga Lake, the College offers the simplicity and safety of village living and easy access to metropolitan and educational centers: ½ hour from Ithaca (home of Cornell University), 1 hour from Rochester and Syracuse, and 5 hours from New York City. The Finger Lakes are known for vast outdoor recreational opportunities and for a high concentration of outstanding colleges and universities.
- Wells College is fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and School (MSCHE).
Wells College Swimming NEACs 2019
6 months ago
Holiday Greetings from Wells College
10 months ago