|County||Albany County, NY|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||3,056 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||280 students|
|Total Enrollment||3,336 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||2,425 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||94%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||19%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$4,118|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||57%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$2,584|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||89%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$8,896|
|% Students Receiving Loans||73%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$3,168|
- Siena’s 2,900 undergraduates enroll in one of three schools – Liberal Arts, Science, and Business – and may choose from a total of 29 degrees, 42 minors and certificate programs, and professional curricula in Secondary Education, Pre-Medical, and Pre-Law. Over 150 students study abroad in a given year.
- The College’s reputation as a student-centered community of scholars is primarily due to its accomplished and attentive faculty, who balance the demands of academic leadership, publishing, and research with the responsibility of providing undergraduates with a challenging, engaging, and inspiring education of the highest quality.
- Seventy-six percent of Siena students live on campus in one of seven residential living areas. Distinguished by its DORS (Diversity, Optimism, Respect, Service) philosophy, Siena’s residential life program is committed to fostering a safe, respectful and meaningful learning environment for students.
- Siena sponsors 18 Division I athletic programs. Student-athletes at Siena regularly graduate at a rate that beats the national average for both athletes and non-athletes. The College’s athletic department has ranked in the top 15 nationally in two of the last three Division I National Graduation Rate Reports.
- Values play an integral role in college life at Siena, where education is not simply a means by which to acquire goods and services, but a privilege that should be used as a way to do good and to serve others. The Franciscan Center for Service and Advocacy is the vehicle for volunteerism at Siena, providing students with the opportunity to serve with and among the poor, marginalized, and disenfranchised.
- The beautiful 164-acre Siena College campus is known throughout the community for its gold-domed building, Siena Hall, which has become both symbol and signature. Completely renovated and updated with electronically enhanced classrooms and a state-of-the-art financial technology center in 2004, Siena Hall is now a reminder of the College’s rich history as well as a wellspring for innovative teaching and learning.
Related School Videos:
Siena College Commencement 2009
3 years ago
Related School News:
- NM State Sweeps Siena College - NMSU Aggies
posted on March 26, 2013 at 05:05:37 am
NM State Sweeps Siena CollegeNMSU AggiesLAS CRUCES, N.M. ? The New Mexico State softball team extends to a four-game winning streak after ...
- Siena coaching news conference available online - Albany Times Union (blog)
posted on March 12, 2013 at 07:01:35 pm
Siena coaching news conference available onlineAlbany Times Union (blog)Siena College should follow the example of the Catholic Church which took less than two weeks from the time one pope ...
- Siena College gets new courtroom - WXXA
posted on March 2, 2013 at 02:26:29 am
Siena College gets new courtroomWXXAA new courtroom that will help students for years to come is unveiled at Siena College. The law firm of ...