Huston-Tillotson University is a historically black college affiliated with The United Methodist Church, the United Church of Christ, and the United Negro College Fund (UNCF). The University provides its increasingly diverse student body with an exemplary education that is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, balanced with professional development, and directed to public service and leadership. The University prepares students with the integrity and civility to thrive in a diverse society, fosters spiritual development, preserves and promotes interest in the accomplishments and experiences of the University’s historic constituents and evolving population, and creates and sustains supportive relationships which advance the Huston-Tillotson University community.
|County||Travis County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|60 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||918 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||802 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||116 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||884 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||34 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition rate|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||330-440||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||360-470||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||10-19||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-18||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||14-19||20-25|
- Huston-Tillotson University does not discriminate in its student admissions and educational programs or other College-administered programs on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability or disability, or criteria prohibited under state and federal age discrimination statutes.
- The Huston-Tillotson University School of Business and Technology is committed to providing educational opportunities to individuals interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees in business and computer science. A major objective of the School of Business and Technology is the preparation of students of diverse origins and backgrounds to become competent leaders in business, industry, and government in the global marketplace as well as to excel in graduate studies.
- Huston-Tillotson University awards undergraduates, four year degrees in business, education, the humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, science and technology. A multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, and multi-faith institution, the University welcomes students of all ages, races, and religions.
- The campus is located a few blocks east of IH-35. Exit Seventh Street from IH-35 and travel east to Chicon Street.
- Huston-Tillotson University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4501 for questions about the accreditation of Huston-Tillotson University.