|County||Rhea County, TN|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|73 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,633 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,274 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||359 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,510 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||123 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||480-650||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||480-620||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||460-610||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-28||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-25||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||6-8||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-26||20-25|
- Bryan College has always been a four-year undergraduate college of arts and sciences, although until 1958 the corporate title used the term "University." Chartered in 1930 under the laws of Tennessee as a general welfare corporation with the basic purpose of providing "for the higher education of men and women under auspices distinctly Christian and spiritual," the College has responded to changing times with various modifications of its educational program. The goals for institutional development and the changing climate in American higher education will continue to influence the educational program.
- Bryan College grants 2 associate degrees, the Associate of Arts (A.A.) and the Associate of Science (A.S.), and 2 baccalaureate degrees, the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and the Bachelor of Science (B.S.).
- Majors are offered in 20 fields of study, and 39 distinct options are available to complement those programs. Minors have been developed in 24 areas of study. Presently, there are 11 programs for teacher licensure which are reciprocal in all 50 states.
- Bryan College is located in the beautiful foothills of Southeast Tennessee, 30 minutes north of Chattanooga and 45 minutes south of Knoxville.
- Bryan is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate and baccalaureate degrees. It is an independent, four-year Christian liberal arts institution offering Associates' and Bachelors' degrees in 16 areas including Bible, Biology, Business Administration, Christian Ministry, Christian Thought, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Elementary Education licensure, English, Exercise and Health Science, History, Liberal Arts, Mathematics, Music, Psychology, Spanish, and Theatre. Eighty percent of the faculty holds earned doctoral degrees.
Bryan College Dayton TN
3 years ago
Bryan College Censors Student
2 years ago