|County||Bamberg County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|53 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||647 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||636 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
- Voorhees College is a private, historically black, coeducational, liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with the Episcopal Church. The College, located in rural South Carolina, serves traditional and nontraditional students primarily from the state of South Carolina and the southeastern region of the United States. The aim of the College is to offer each student an intensive general educational experience coupled with professional education in the value-centered liberal arts tradition. The College excels in instruction in liberal studies, arts and sciences and a wide range of pre-professional and professional disciplines. The College seeks to produce highly qualified graduates who combine intellect and faith in their preparation for strong professional performance, pursuit of life-long learning, betterment of society, and an abiding faith in God
- Through more than 100 years of service, the mission of Voorhees College has remained the same; it is committed to providing a top quality educational experience to young men and women and equip them to assume leadership positions in our state and nation and to provide service to mankind.
- From its founding in 1897, Voorhees College has evolved into a leading four-year liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and affiliated with the Episcopal Church and The College Fund/ UNCF.
- The campus of Voorhees College, designated as a Historic District by the State of South Carolina, consists of 365 acres of land situated about one and one-half miles from the shopping district of Denmark, South Carolina. The campus has an atmosphere conducive to scholarship and cultural enhancement. The environment is favorable to the physical, spiritual and mental development of students. In addition to its central location at Denmark, the College also has three off-campus sites where its Organizational Management Degree Program for non-traditional learners is delivered.
- The Library’s primary objective is to provide the necessary resources and services to support the college’s educational mission. Efforts are made by the library staff to implement the objectives of the college by making books and other relative resources available to supplement and enrich the curriculum, to provide for independent study and research, and to encourage a lifelong habit of reading for cultural enrichment and personal growth
- Voorhees College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees.
GSU MBB: Highlights - Voorhees College
20 days ago
0 months ago