|County||Sumter County, SC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|59 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||900 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||888 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
- Morris College is an historically black, coeducational, liberal arts college, operated by the Baptist Educational and Missionary Convention of South Carolina. The College is committed to promoting the intellectual and personal development of every one of its students.
- The Morris College produces graduates who can pursue useful and productive careers and in so doing enhance their own lives and the society in which they take their places. That mission is being successfully implemented by the thousands of Morris College graduates throughout the nation who are continually making significant contributions
- To carry out effectively the purpose and philosophy of Morris College, the academic program of the College is organized under six divisions Division of General Studies, Division of Business Administration, Division of Education, Division of Religion and Humanities, Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Division of Social Sciences.
- The degrees college offers are Bachelor of Arts with majors in Christian Education, Criminal Justice, English, History, Journalism, Liberal Studies, Pastoral Ministry, Political Science, Sociology, and teacher preparation for certification in English and Social Studies, Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Broadcast Media, Bachelor of Science with majors in Biology, Business Administration, Health Science, Mathematics, Organizational Management, Recreation Administration and teacher preparation for certification in Biology and Mathematics, Bachelor of Science in Education with majors in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education.
- A Morris College education is stronger because of the Christian environment in which learning takes place. Our concern for each of our students and our commitment to help each one reach his or her personal best are a reflection of this philosophy. The mission of Morris College is to prepare students for full and productive careers, enhancing both their lives and the society in which they take their places.
- Our location is uniquely attractive. Sumter is an ideal location for a college like Morris. This small city in the heart of South Carolina offers a warm atmosphere that enhances the close family feeling on our campus. The people of Sumter are supportive of the College and its students and make all of us feel welcome in the community. Businesses, industries, and religious groups are glad to have Morris College here and make their feelings known.
- Morris College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees.
See yourself at Morris College!
2 months ago
Samone Hooper - Morris College
3 months ago
Longtime Morris College President Passes Away
6 months ago