Molded by a commitment to “Educate for Service,” Elizabethtown College is a community of learners dedicated to educating students intellectually, socially, and ethically for lives of service and leadership as citizens of the world.
|County||Lancaster County, PA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|182 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,911 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,883 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||28 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,885 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||26 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||500-600||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||500-620||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-27||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||20-27||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-27||20-25|
- As a comprehensive institution, the College offers an array of academic programs integrating the liberal arts and sciences with professional studies. Founded by members of the Church of the Brethren, the College believes that learning is most noble when used to benefit others and affirms the values of peace, non-violence, human dignity and social justice.
- Elizabethtown College provides academic programs offering mix of liberal arts and professional studies. 20 departments offer 53 majors, and more than 80 minors/concentrations. Core curriculum emphasizes arts, humanities and sciences develops interpersonal communication, writing, creative thinking, decision-making, problem-solving skills, Internship and externship programs.
- At Elizabethtown College, central Pennsylvania’s leading comprehensive college, students learn through experience, guided by attentive faculty in a highly interactive environment. Elizabethtown offers more majors than other similar-sized colleges and a core curriculum that strengthens interpersonal communication, writing, creative thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Elizabethtown College is located in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, minutes from Hershey; 25 minutes from Lancaster and Harrisburg the state capital; 90 minutes from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.; four hours from New York City and Pittsburgh.
- The college has been ranked for 13 consecutive years as one of the best comprehensive colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report and named the #2 comprehensive college in the North in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Values” rankings in 2005 and 2006.
Related School Videos