|County||Macoupin County, IL|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|51 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||541 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||529 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-25||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-25||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||19-26||20-25|
- Blackburn is an independent, co-educational four-year liberal arts college. Housing nearly 500 on-campus students and accommodating another 100 local commuter students, Blackburn is found in Carlinville, IL, a quiet, town of 6,000 people. The College's campus is found on the edge of town, spread out on nearly 80 spacious acres of land.
- Blackburn College offers Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Accounting, Art, Biochemistry, Biology, British and American Literature, Business Management, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Education, Environmental Biology, Environmental Chemistry, History, Information Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Technology, Molecular Biology, Music (Performance), Physical Education (Education or Management Track), Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Spanish, Spanish and Latin American Studies.
- Blackburn College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Its teacher education program is recognized by the Illinois State Teacher Certification Board and the State Superintendent of Education. The American Association of University Women grants Blackburn women graduates membership.
Black Sheep - Blackburn College Choir
1 year ago
Blackburn College Library Induction
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Blackburn College celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. Day with convocation, forum - The State Journal-Register
posted on January 20, 2015 at 02:13:08 am
CARLINVILLE â€” As Blackburn College has seen a surge in student diversity, faculty and staff have sought to expand campus conversations about race. John Comerford, the school' ...
- Blackburn College president sets retirement
posted on June 28, 2012 at 12:09:00 pm
CARLINVILLEBlackburn College President Miriam Pride has announced her retirement, effective Ju ...