Saint Joseph's College-New York
The St. Joseph’s College provides a strong academic and value-oriented education at the undergraduate and graduate levels, rooted in a liberal arts tradition that supports provision for career preparation and enhancement. The College aims in this way to prepare each student for a life characterized by integrity, intellectual and spiritual values, social responsibility, and service–a life that is worthy of the College’s motto, Esse non videri: “To be, not to seem.”
Saint Joseph's College-New York
|County||Kings County, NY|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|337 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,632 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||3,898 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,734 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||4,821 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||811 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||460-580||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||460-590||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||460-570||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-25||20-25|
- St. Joseph’s College affirms the dignity, freedom, and inherent value of each person. This affirmation is realized through a student-centered environment wherein the faculty’s primary commitment is to excellence in teaching.
- The administration and faculty recognize the college years are particularly crucial in the personal development of each student. A strong liberal arts program provides a humanistic reference point from which students can explore contemporary issues, moral values and career opportunities. Through the study of influential ideas and actions, and through interchange with faculty and other students, each student has the opportunity to grow not only intellectually but as a total person. The synthesis, of course, rests with the student.
- The School of Professional and Graduate Studies offers Bachelor of Science degrees and credit-bearing certificates to adults with highly diversified professional and personal backgrounds. Since the early 1970s, St. Joseph's has offered adult degree programs on two campuses, and numerous extension sites in the five boroughs of New York City and in the Long Island counties of Nassau and Suffolk. Professional and Graduate Studies Program.
- The college’s location in Brooklyn puts it in the center of one of the nation’s most diversified academic and cultural cities. The Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Brooklyn Public Library and the Brooklyn Museum of Art are all minutes away from St. Joseph's doors. And with Manhattan just over the bridge, students have quick and easy access to such world-renowned institutions as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the New York Public Library, Madison Square Garden, Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center.
- St. Joseph’s College is a fully accredited institution that has been dedicated to providing a diverse population of students in the New York metropolitan area with an affordable education rooted in the liberal arts tradition since 1916. Independent and coeducational, the College provides a strong academic and value–oriented education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. For the fourth year in a row, the 2005 ranking of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News and World Report named St. Joseph's College to the top tier of the "Northern Comprehensive Colleges – Bachelor’s" category.