Dillard University is a private, historically black, liberal arts institution. Dillard has as its purpose the development of graduates who are broadly educated, culturally aware, concerned with improving the human condition and able to meet the competitive demands of a global and technologically advanced society. To achieve this purpose, the university strives to create and maintain an academic climate that is conducive to the pursuit of scholarship through programs of excellence anchored in the liberal arts.
|County||Orleans County, LA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|97 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,307 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,222 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||85 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||390-480||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||370-460||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||380-460||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||15-21||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-19||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||16-20||20-25|
- Dillard University's educational program is conceived and implemented to Increase students' knowledge of the liberal arts and promote awareness and understanding of the African and African American heritage, Encourage in students an attitude reflecting ethical and spiritual values and prepare them to develop a commitment to improve the human condition, Empower students to compete in a global and technologically advanced society by developing their competence in oral and written communications, in the use of quantitative reasoning skills, and in the application of information technology, Prepare students for admission to graduate and professional schools and for employment in their chosen profession.
- The Dillard University provides 38 Academic Majors, Interdisciplinary Honors Program, Business, Educational & Psychological Studies, Humanities, Natural Sciences & Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences.
- The university takes pride in the accomplishments of our student-athletes both on and off the playing fields. While competition is important, the overall development of young men and women is essential. We are committed to preparing young people for productive careers upon completion of their athletic eligibility.
- Dillard University is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and competes in the Gulf Coast Athletic Conference (GCAC).
- Dillard University is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)to award B.A., B.S., B.S.N.