Rooted in a strong liberal arts tradition, Morningside prepares students to be flexible in thought, open in attitude, and confident in themselves. The Morningside College experience cultivates a passion for life-long learning and a dedication to ethical leadership and civic responsibility
|County||Woodbury County, IA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|116 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,224 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,202 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,022 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,242 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||982 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-23||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-23||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||19-25||20-25|
- Founded in 1894 by the Methodist Episcopal Church, Morningside College is a private, four-year, co-educational institution affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Morningside has 19 buildings on a 68-acre campus in a scenic, secure residential area of Sioux City, Iowa (population 140,000). The Morningside Historic District, which includes Grace United Methodist Church and most of the campus, is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Morningside College has been preparing students for both personal and professional success for more than 110 years. The Morningside experience provides an education which develops the whole person through an emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication, cultural understanding, practical wisdom, spiritual discernment, and ethical action.
- The campus of Morningside College is located at 1501 Morningside Avenue in Sioux City, Iowa; off of Interstate Hwy 29, 90 miles north of Omaha, Neb., and 75 miles south of Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Morningside was designated one of the Midwest's "Best Comprehensive Colleges-Bachelor's" in the U.S.News & World Report's 2005 and 2006 college rankings and has been designated a "Best Midwestern College" by The Princeton Review since 2003.
- Morningside is accredited by Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Board of Nursing, National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, National Association of Schools of Music, and University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
Related School Videos
Related School Video