Grand View University
Grand View is a four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Founded more than100 years ago, Grand View offers a high-quality education to a diverse student body in a career-oriented, liberalarts–grounded curriculum at three campus locations in greater Des Moines. Grand View welcomes traditional students and adultlearners representing a wide range of religious and cultural backgrounds.
Grand View University
|County||Polk County, IA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|140 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,233 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,785 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||448 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,196 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||37 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||380-500||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||410-520||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||520-580||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||17-23||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-23||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||6-8||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||18-23||20-25|
- Grand View is a four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church inAmerica. Founded more than 100 years ago, Grand View offers a high-quality education to a diverse student body in acareer-oriented, liberal arts–grounded curriculum at three campus locations in greater Des Moines. Grand View welcomestraditional students and adult learners representing a wide range of religious and cultural backgrounds.
- At Grand View College, students find a winning combination of high-quality programs, experiencedprofessors, and caring individuals. With 1,750 students and an average class size of 14, students get to know theirprofessors and other students well. They learn independence and seek responsibility in Grand View's educational environment.Learning is an interactive process at Grand View—students engage in lively discussions, work on real-world projects, andparticipate in career-related work experiences.
- Students are encouraged to develop leadership and team skills through involvement in campusorganizations, which include intercollegiate and intramural athletics, speech and theater groups, major department clubs,student government, and the Grand View College Choir.
- The Grand View academic purpose is to serve a diverse student body by providing a variety of learningenvironments and teaching techniques. Grand View provides academic support programs and services designed to enable studentsto master skills essential for success in college-level courses.
- Grand View College's campus is Des Moines—and as part of the Grand View community, students are notlimited by the confines of a small college or small town. In a given day, students can catch an Iowa Cubs professionalbaseball doubleheader, head down to the Court Avenue district for great food and nightlife, or take in a concert at the CivicCenter.
- The College and its programs are accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools;Consortium for Collegiate Nursing Education; the Iowa State Board of Nursing. The Grand View teacher education program isapproved by the Iowa Department of Education.