Central College Photo #2 - Faculty are your mentors and friends throughout your four years and beyond!
Central College Photo #3 - Central students practice prior to their international choir tour to Italy.
Central College Photo #4 - Central Dutch athletic teams own 11 NCAA Div. III national team championships, more than any other Iowa Conference school.
Central College Photo #5 - Faculty challenge you to reach your potential both in and out of the classroom.
Central College Photo #6 - Our exercise science program offers strong academic majors in strength and conditioning and athletic training.
Central College Photo #7 - An award-winning cafeteria with a broad selection of great foods and comfortable eating spaces.
Central College Photo #8 - With a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio, your professors get to know you, your interests and goals.
Central College, located in Pella, Iowa, is a four-year, residential, liberal arts college affiliated with the Reformed Church in America.
|County||Marion County, IA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|117 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,486 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,461 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||25 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||460-550||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||470-570||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-26||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||21-26||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-26||20-25|
- Central College offers 39 majors and pre-professional programs and advising. Pre-professional programs include architecture, dentistry, engineering, law, medicine, ministry, optometry, physical therapy and veterinary medicine.
- U.S.News and World report ranks Central College among the top liberal arts colleges and Central's study abroad program as a "program to look for."
- Nealy 50 percent of Central College students study one or two semesters abroad before graduation in one of Central's eight programs in Vienna, Austria; Hangzhou, China; London, England; Paris, France; Merida, Mexico; Leiden, the Netherlands; Granada, Spain; and Bangor, Wales. Service-learning and internship opportunities are available. Or, participate in Central's metropolitan programs in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
- Central is affiliated with the National Collegiate Aghletic Association (Division III) and Iowa Intercollegiate Athletics Conference for men and women. Central fields 19 varsity teams. The Dutch have won 11 NCAA Division III national championships in six sports.
- There are over 80 clubs and organizations on campus ... something for everyone.
- Central is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of North Central Association, Iowa Department of Public Instruction, AACTE, National Association of Schools of Music and the American Chemical Society.
- Central College is located in Pella, Iowa, a picturesque community of 10,000 set amid gently rolling hills 40 miles southeast of Des Moines. Pella was once described by a magazine writer as "European." Its flower-lined streets, distinctive Dutch architecture, charming retail shops, and famous bakeries attract tourists from around the world.
Related School Videos