|County||Delaware County, PA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|210 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,552 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,537 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||4%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||680-780||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||670-770||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||680-770||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||31-35||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||29-34||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||8-9||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||30-33||20-25|
- Swarthmore celebrates the life of the mind. Since its founding in 1864, Swarthmore has given studentsof uncommon intellectual ability the knowledge, insight, skills, and experience to become leaders for the common good. Andthey do. Swarthmoreans are CEO patent-holders who bring technology to underserved markets, investment bankers looking foralternative forms of energy, lawyers who become college presidents, doctors who serve in Congress, winners of the NobelPrize. A Swarthmorean founded the first liberal arts college in Ghana. Another led the team that developed the Hubble SpaceTelescope. Swarthmoreans invented hypertext and helped women win the right to vote.
- The College offers more than 600 courses a year and more than 50 courses of study; an exceptionalhonors program; individual special majors; a program in education that leads to Pennsylvania secondary school certification;and undergraduate research opportunities in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, and engineering.
- Swarthmore is part of the Tri-College Consortium, an inter-institutional collaboration with nearbyBryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges. Swarthmore students may enroll at courses at all three schools and take advantage ofcombined, on-line library catalogues and borrowing privileges. In addition, students may cross-register for courses at theUniversity of Pennsylvania.
- There are currently over 100 student clubs and organizations for students on campus. Countlesscultural and recreational opportunities await students in the surrounding area, including the City of Philadelphia locatedless than a half-hour away by train.
- Located 11 miles southwest of Philadelphia, Swarthmore's idyllic, 357-acre campus is a designatedarboretum, complete with rolling lawns, creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails. From its state-of-the-art science complex toits new, environmentally friendly residence hall, Swarthmore's buildings and architecture stand as national models ofcurricular and co-curricular undergraduate facilities.
Changing the World - Swarthmore College
1 month ago
Swatstruck 2019 (at Swarthmore College)
8 months ago