Ohio Wesleyan University
|County||Delaware County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|163 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,825 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,813 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||510-620||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||520-640||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||22-29||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||22-28||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||23-28||20-25|
- Founded by Methodists in 1842, OWU maintains an active affiliation with The United Methodist Church and is recognized nationally for welcoming students of all religious faiths. The University provides support for all denominations and coordinates an active program of social action and community service.
- OWU provides an undergraduate curriculum that is rigorous, balanced, and contemporary. It confers the Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), and Bachelor of Music (BM) and offers combined-degree (3-2) programs in medical technology, optometry, physical therapy, and engineering with outside institutions, such as Caltech and Rensselaer. Degrees are offered through 24 academic departments and several interdisciplinary programs. Distinctive features of the academic program include the Arneson Institute for Practical Politics; the Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship; the Sagan National Colloquium; a four-year Honors Program; and extensive opportunities for independent research, internships, and off-campus study.
- OWU actively recruits students who are engaged in their own education, community, and the world around them. With over 85 clubs and student organizations, there are countless opportunities for students to become involved in the leadership of an organization. The University also brings in a number of speakers and stages plays and other performances on the campus.
- The OWU campus facilities range from the original mid-19th-century collegiate buildings to the state-of-the-art Conrades•Wetherell Science Center. A number of buildings on campus have national landmark status. The campus is extensive and attractive and also borders on the downtown area. There are some 1.7 million square feet of campus space as well as attractive campus quadrangles and outdoor facilities.
End of Year Video- Ohio Wesleyan University
1 year ago
Related School News:
- Dual strategies used to create delicate works at Ohio Wesleyan University - Columbus Dispatch
posted on February 1, 2015 at 10:48:41 am
â€œCovering Ground,â€ his exhibit on view in the Richard M. Ross Art Museum at Ohio Wesleyan University, features two distinct drawing strategies. One is additive, consisting ...
- Jurors Hear From Victim & Suspect In The Ohio Wesleyan University Attempted ... - 10TV
posted on December 12, 2014 at 12:04:54 am
Jurors Hear From Victim & Suspect In The Ohio Wesleyan University Attempted ...DELAWARE, Ohio - 24-year-old Nicholas Eber is accused of stabbing Anthony Peddle as he slept in an Ohio Wesleyan University fratern ...