Ohio Wesleyan University
|County||Delaware County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||1,940 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||34 students|
|Total Enrollment||1,974 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,705 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||99%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||18%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$5,405|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||52%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$1,458|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||96%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$13,880|
|% Students Receiving Loans||54%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$4,415|
- Founded by Methodists in 1842, OWU maintains an active affiliation with The United Methodist Church and is recognized nationally for welcoming students of all religious faiths. The University provides support for all denominations and coordinates an active program of social action and community service.
- OWU provides an undergraduate curriculum that is rigorous, balanced, and contemporary. It confers the Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), and Bachelor of Music (BM) and offers combined-degree (3-2) programs in medical technology, optometry, physical therapy, and engineering with outside institutions, such as Caltech and Rensselaer. Degrees are offered through 24 academic departments and several interdisciplinary programs. Distinctive features of the academic program include the Arneson Institute for Practical Politics; the Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship; the Sagan National Colloquium; a four-year Honors Program; and extensive opportunities for independent research, internships, and off-campus study.
- OWU actively recruits students who are engaged in their own education, community, and the world around them. With over 85 clubs and student organizations, there are countless opportunities for students to become involved in the leadership of an organization. The University also brings in a number of speakers and stages plays and other performances on the campus.
- The OWU campus facilities range from the original mid-19th-century collegiate buildings to the state-of-the-art Conrades•Wetherell Science Center. A number of buildings on campus have national landmark status. The campus is extensive and attractive and also borders on the downtown area. There are some 1.7 million square feet of campus space as well as attractive campus quadrangles and outdoor facilities.
Related School Videos:
On the Street at Ohio Wesleyan University
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- St. John Arena to be replaced; yet ?Saint? will not be forgotten - U Weekly
posted on January 9, 2013 at 04:27:40 pm
U WeeklySt. John Arena to be replaced; yet ?Saint? will not be forgottenU WeeklyLater he accepted a position as director of athletics at Ohio Wesleyan University ...
- Hagel, Kerry on last mission for Vietnam generation - AFP
posted on January 9, 2013 at 03:15:00 am
Hagel, Kerry on last mission for Vietnam generationAFPSean Kay, professor of international relations at Ohio Wesleyan University, said both men could ...
- Whetstone girls coping with departure of coach - ThisWeekNews
posted on January 8, 2013 at 09:02:46 pm
Whetstone girls coping with departure of coachThisWeekNewsCoughlin, who played basketball at Upper Arlington and Ohio Wesleyan University under her maiden name ...