Ohio Wesleyan University
|County||Delaware County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|163 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,825 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,813 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||510-620||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||520-640||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||22-29||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||22-28||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||23-28||20-25|
- Founded by Methodists in 1842, OWU maintains an active affiliation with The United Methodist Church and is recognized nationally for welcoming students of all religious faiths. The University provides support for all denominations and coordinates an active program of social action and community service.
- OWU provides an undergraduate curriculum that is rigorous, balanced, and contemporary. It confers the Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), and Bachelor of Music (BM) and offers combined-degree (3-2) programs in medical technology, optometry, physical therapy, and engineering with outside institutions, such as Caltech and Rensselaer. Degrees are offered through 24 academic departments and several interdisciplinary programs. Distinctive features of the academic program include the Arneson Institute for Practical Politics; the Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship; the Sagan National Colloquium; a four-year Honors Program; and extensive opportunities for independent research, internships, and off-campus study.
- OWU actively recruits students who are engaged in their own education, community, and the world around them. With over 85 clubs and student organizations, there are countless opportunities for students to become involved in the leadership of an organization. The University also brings in a number of speakers and stages plays and other performances on the campus.
- The OWU campus facilities range from the original mid-19th-century collegiate buildings to the state-of-the-art Conrades•Wetherell Science Center. A number of buildings on campus have national landmark status. The campus is extensive and attractive and also borders on the downtown area. There are some 1.7 million square feet of campus space as well as attractive campus quadrangles and outdoor facilities.
Related School Videos:
2013 Holiday Greetings from Ohio Wesleyan University
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Good News Times Two for Ohio Wesleyan University Professor - Insurance News Net (press release)
posted on April 1, 2014 at 11:26:36 am
DELAWARE, Ohio, March 31-- Ohio Wesleyan University issued the following news release:. Randolph K. Quaye, Ph.D., director of Ohio Wesleyan University's Black World ...
- Ohio Wesleyan University: Trove from New Mexico a wealth of riches - Columbus Dispatch
posted on February 23, 2014 at 10:38:48 am
DELAWARE, Ohio â€” With more than 150 works spanning several mediums by 26 artists, â€śNew Art/New Mexicoâ€ť at Ohio Wesleyan University gives an overwhelming and see ...
- Ohio Wesleyan University Receives $8 Million Gift - Connect2 OWU (blog)
posted on February 13, 2014 at 06:00:06 pm
For the second time in less than eight months, Ohio Wesleyan University has received an $8 million commitment to fund the renovation of a campus building. The latest contribution comes from Louis A. Simpson, Ohio Wesleyan Class of 1958, and his wife ...An $8 million gift for ...