|County||Norfolk County, MA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|357 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,471 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,330 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||141 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||4%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||650-740||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||640-740||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||650-750||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||29-32||20-25|
- Excellent academic facilities support learning at Wellesley. Students have access to virtually all the collections on campus through a computerized library system totaling over 1.5 million items. The holdings include more than 200 electronic databases; 11,000 electronic journals; 22,000 electronic books; 7,000 films on VHS and DVD; and 7,000 music CDs. Among the special holdings are a world-renowned Browning Collection, a Book Arts Collection, and a Rare Book Collection. Interlibrary loans through the Boston Library Consortium augment the College’s own holdings.
- One of the first liberal arts colleges to establish a separate computer science department and computer science major, Wellesley remains at the forefront of technological development.
- Approximately 1,000 courses are offered. Nine of the 32 units required for graduation are drawn from eight substantive and skill-based categories. Students are required to take a writing course and to fulfill a quantitative reasoning requirement. Consistent with the College's commitment to cultural diversity, students must complete at least one course with a multicultural focus.
- Life at Wellesley provides a balanced environment and an education for women. A Wellesley education is designed to provide you, as an intellectually adventurous woman, with numerous opportunities on campus and beyond. Wellesley offers more than 160 clubs, organizations, and activities for your involvement. The College is easily accessible to Boston, a great city in which to meet other college students and to experience theatre, art, sports, and entertainment.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Wellesley 4th among liberal arts colleges in the country for seven out of the last nine years.
Wellesley College Commencement 2021
6 months ago