Lindsey Wilson College
Lindsey Wilson College
|County||Adair County, KY|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|151 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,677 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,540 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||137 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,217 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||460 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
- Lindsey Wilson College is a four-year liberal-arts college affiliated with the Kentucky Conference of The United Methodist Church. Lindsey Wilson is located on 45 partially wooded acres on a hilltop in Columbia, Kentucky, a small town about 20 miles from Lake Cumberland in Southcentral Kentucky.
- The mission of Lindsey Wilson College is to serve the educational needs of students by providing a living-learning environment within an atmosphere of active caring and Christian concern where every student, every day, learns and grows and feels like a real human being.
- Lindsey Wilson is classified as a Baccalaureate College-Liberal Arts by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Institutions placed in that category are primarily undergraduate colleges that emphasize undergraduate teaching, baccalaureate-degree programs and award at least half of their baccalaureate degrees in the liberal arts. Lindsey Wilson is one of five Kentucky institutions to be classified as a Baccalaureate College-Liberal Arts.
- An aggressive building program has resulted in 26 new buildings in the last 19 years, including a $9 million science facility; a campus ministry center; a library; a state-of-the-art residence hall; a regional dining and conference center; an expanded student union building; a European-style soccer stadium; and a renovated humanities center and art gallery.
- Lindsey Wilson College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, and Master of Education Degrees. The college is also accredited by the Kentucky Department of Education and the University Senate of the United Methodist Church to award master, baccalaureate and associate degrees.
2018 Veterans Luncheon at Lindsey Wilson College
9 months ago