|County||Harrison County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges II|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||773 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||54 students|
|Total Enrollment||827 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||386 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||86%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||61%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$3,623|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||4%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$3,740|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||21%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$3,404|
|% Students Receiving Loans||63%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$5,210|
- Founded in 1873 in Marshall, Texas by the Freedman's Aid Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Wiley College is an historically black, primarily liberal arts, residential, co-educational, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Wiley College is committed to shared governance, fiscal soundness and exemplary stewardship of its resources. The College utilizes innovative techniques and strategic planning in all its administrative processes, modern pedagogy and employs cutting-edge technology in the delivery of services to its clientele.
- The Division of Academic Affairs, headed by a vice president, is responsible for overseeing the development of College curricula, engaging qualified and competent faculty, defining academic regulations and policies, guiding instructional delivery, and promoting student progress. Under its umbrella are the four academic divisions -- Arts and Sciences, Business and Technology, Education and Professional Studies, and General and Special Studies - - and the Office of Records/Registrar, and library services. The office works in conjunction with Student Affairs to plan orientation activities for freshmen and new students, develop and implement retention strategies and provide and maintain the College's advising support system.
- Wiley College offers three degrees The Bachelor of Arts, The Bachelor of Science, The Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice. Major areas of studies are offered through the three degree-granting divisions Arts and Sciences, Business and Technology, Education and Professional Studies, General Education.
- The school is located in Harrison County on 63 acres of land west of Marshall, Texas and between Dallas, Texas to the west and Shreveport, Louisiana to the east. Our campus is located approximately 145 miles east of Dallas and 38 miles west of Shreveport on Interstate 20. A major airport is located in Shreveport, just thirty minutes away from the College.
- Wiley College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; telephone number 404-679-4501) to award Associate and Baccalaureate degrees.
Related School Videos:
Wiley College Choir
7 months ago
Wiley College Kappa Week Spring 2012
8 months ago
Related School News:
- Lady Dogs fall to Elysian Fields, open Wiley College tourney 2-0 - Longview News-Journal
posted on December 10, 2012 at 05:42:52 pm
Lady Dogs fall to Elysian Fields, open Wiley College tourney 2-0Longview News-JournalLady Dogs fall to Elysian Fields, open Wiley College tourney 2-0 Clay Ihlo Sports ...
- Marshall Police searching for suspect in Wiley College fight
posted on October 2, 2012 at 09:18:00 pm
Marshall Police are asking for assistance in locating the suspect they ...
- Fifth-graders wow audience
posted on April 17, 2012 at 10:27:00 pm
Savan and eight other fifth graders came all the way ...