|County||Harrison County, TX|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|74 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,401 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,346 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||55 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,390 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||11 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1873 in Marshall, Texas by the Freedman's Aid Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Wiley College is an historically black, primarily liberal arts, residential, co-educational, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Wiley College is committed to shared governance, fiscal soundness and exemplary stewardship of its resources. The College utilizes innovative techniques and strategic planning in all its administrative processes, modern pedagogy and employs cutting-edge technology in the delivery of services to its clientele.
- The Division of Academic Affairs, headed by a vice president, is responsible for overseeing the development of College curricula, engaging qualified and competent faculty, defining academic regulations and policies, guiding instructional delivery, and promoting student progress. Under its umbrella are the four academic divisions -- Arts and Sciences, Business and Technology, Education and Professional Studies, and General and Special Studies - - and the Office of Records/Registrar, and library services. The office works in conjunction with Student Affairs to plan orientation activities for freshmen and new students, develop and implement retention strategies and provide and maintain the College's advising support system.
- Wiley College offers three degrees The Bachelor of Arts, The Bachelor of Science, The Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice. Major areas of studies are offered through the three degree-granting divisions Arts and Sciences, Business and Technology, Education and Professional Studies, General Education.
- The school is located in Harrison County on 63 acres of land west of Marshall, Texas and between Dallas, Texas to the west and Shreveport, Louisiana to the east. Our campus is located approximately 145 miles east of Dallas and 38 miles west of Shreveport on Interstate 20. A major airport is located in Shreveport, just thirty minutes away from the College.
- Wiley College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; telephone number 404-679-4501) to award Associate and Baccalaureate degrees.
Wiley College HomeComing and More
0 months ago
Wiley College Meet The Greeks 2014 Omega Psi Phi
1 year ago.
WILEY COLLEGE VS TEXAS COLLEGE
1 year ago