|County||Blount County, TN|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|91 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,093 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,050 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||43 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition, Room, Board|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||440-580||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||440-530||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||420-560||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-27||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-25||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-26||20-25|
- Maryville College is a liberal arts, church-related college. It strives to be an instrument of liberation and growth for adults of all ages. Through its curriculum the College affirms the continuing values of a broad range of study in the humanities, the sciences, and the arts.
- Maryville College is an undergraduate, liberal arts, residential community of faith and learning rooted in the Presbyterian/Reformed tradition serving students of all ages and background. Maryville College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or political beliefs in provision of educational opportunities and benefits.
- Maryville College offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Music degree programs. To receive either degree, the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Music, the student must complete all requirements for that degree specified in the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment.
- Maryville College offers Fifty diverse fields of study; pre-professional programs are offered in business administration, law, theology/ ministry, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy and other health-related professions
- Maryville College is located in the city of Maryville, just 15 minutes south of Knoxville, Tennessee's third-largest city. By car, the college is accessible by Interstate 40 from the east and west, and by Interstate 75 from the north and south. McGhee-Tyson Airport is just five miles north of campus.
- The College consistently ranks among U.S. News & World Report’s best colleges in the South. Maryville is also listed in Peterson’s Guide to Competitive Colleges and, as a founding member, became one of only 12 colleges selected by the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) and the National Policy Center on the First Year of College to participate in the national project, “Foundations of Excellence in the First Year of College.”
- Maryville College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097: Telephone number 404-679-4501) to award baccalaureate degrees, National Association of Schools of Music. Maryville College is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA) through a voluntary covenant.
Maryville College: A look back in history
10 months ago