|County||Washington County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|131 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,605 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,504 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||101 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,470 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||135 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||460-590||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||490-600||460-573|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-26||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||20-26||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-26||20-25|
- Marietta College is one of America's 37 "Revolutionary Colleges," institutions with origins reaching back to the 18th century. Originally founded as the Muskingum Academy in 1797, today's College was chartered in 1835. Marietta College was founded nearly two centuries ago in Marietta, Ohio, the first settlement in the Northwest Territory. Initially charged with educating youth in "all the various branches of the liberal arts and sciences," Marietta College has continued to blend a strong curriculum in these areas with selected career-oriented programs.
- Marietta College offers a contemporary liberal arts education, providing students with an integrated, multidisciplinary approach to critical analysis, problem solving and leadership skills that are required to translate what is learned into effective action. Marietta offers several innovative career-oriented programs such as sports medicine, computer science, petroleum engineering, and environmental science. We also provide a diversity of concentrations such as leadership, finance, and Asian studies, which provide opportunities for a rich undergraduate experience.
- The Marietta College provides degrees in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering, Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts in Liberal Learning, Master of Arts in Psychology, Master of Corporate Media, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Located at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers, Marietta is only a few hours from Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
- Marietta College is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, The Ohio Department of Education, The American Chemical Society, The National Athletic Trainers' Association, The Accreditation Board Of Engineering and Technology, The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for Physician Assistants, Inc.
I am Marietta College
4 months ago
2021 D3Week — Why Marietta College?
5 months ago
Marietta College at a Glance
9 months ago