High Point University
High Point University
|County||Guilford County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|270 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,399 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||4,245 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||154 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||4,164 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||81 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||490-580||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||500-590||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||480-580||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-26||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||20-26||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||21-29||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-26||20-25|
- Founded in 1924, High Point University has a strong academic history and is committed to building character, modeling values and ensuring that students graduate with not only hands-on experience in their discipline, but also with the life skills necessary to be successful.
- High Point University is named No. 1 again in "America's Best Colleges," published annually by U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 Best Regional College in the South 2013, 2014, 2015. For the second consecutive year, HPU has been recognized for A Strong Commitment to Undergraduate Teaching.
- High Point has 4,399 students from 46 states and 27 countries.
- 51 New academic, residential and student life buildings, athletic stadiums and field house
- With small class sizes, the student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1.
- HPU currently offers 44 undergraduate majors, 43 undergraduate minors and 11 graduate degree programs, including a doctoral program in educational leadership and two more doctoral programs proposed for 2017.
- Students are mentored by caring faculty who are actively involved in teaching and scholarly research.
- The HPU Panthers compete in 16 NCAA Division I sports and are members of the Big South Conference. HPU also provides 26 club sports and more than 100 student clubs and organizations.
College Day in the Life 2021 | High Point University
6 months ago
COLLEGE MOVE IN VLOG || High Point University
4 months ago