Founded in 1902, Barton College is a fully accredited, four-year, private, co-educational, liberal arts college. Barton College strives to focus on individual learners and their personal relationship with learning. We believe that learning occurs best when students actively participate and interpret what they learn. Our students challenge, debate, and discuss ideas. Our professors are facilitators committed to helping students achieve their goals through a style of learning that best enhances their critical thinking and leadership skills as well as global/community awareness.
|County||Wilson County, NC|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|79 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,130 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||970 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||160 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,118 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||12 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||420-520||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||430-540||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||410-510||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||15-20||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-22||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||16-21||20-25|
- At Barton College, we intentionally challenge our students both in and out of the classroom. We want Barton students to be learners who discover concepts that will prepare them to contribute to the 21st century world community. Engaged learning is about taking responsibility for your life and your education. Come to Barton and get engaged with what matters the most in your life…your future
- Barton offers six baccalaureate degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Liberal Studies, Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Bachelor of Social Work. Over 40 majors and programs are offered through the five academic schools: Arts and Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, and Nursing.
- Outside the classroom, students at Barton experience leadership and service learning up close. At Barton, you can Participate in leadership retreats with the College’s vice presidents, Raise roofs and hang drywall in Moss Point, Miss., to help rebuild homes for Hurricane Katrina victims during an alternative Spring Break Trip, Welcome freshmen to campus as Orientation Leaders or First Year Seminar Peer Leaders.
- Barton is located in the coastal plain region of eastern North Carolina. The city of Wilson provides an excellent home for the College and is within easy driving distance of several metropolitan areas and scenic attractions. The state capital of Raleigh is a 45-minute drive to the west; to the north, Richmond is two hours away and Washington, D.C. is four hours away. The beautiful Atlantic coast of North Carolina is 100 miles from the campus, and the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains are easily accessible.
- The College is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a mainstream denomination that developed out of the Presbyterian Church in the early 1800s.
Related School Videos