College of Saint Elizabeth
Private not-for-profit | 1,687 students
The College of Saint Elizabeth is a community of learning in the Catholic liberal arts tradition for students of diverse ages, backgrounds and cultures. Characterized by a strong Catholic identity and values, the College is committed to scholarship and critical inquiry. It fosters just and ethical relations and the promotion of women as full partners in society in all its programs, including those which enroll both women and men.
College of Saint Elizabeth
|County||Morris County, NJ|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|122 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,687 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||715 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||972 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,079 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||608 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||360-470||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||370-470||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||380-470||440-570|
- Founded in 1899 by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, the College of Saint Elizabeth is the first permanent four-year liberal arts college for women to be established under either public or private auspices in the State of New Jersey, and is among the first Catholic colleges in the United States to grant degrees to women.
- The college provides Degree Programs, Master's Degree Programs, Professional Certificates/Certifications, Baccalaureate degrees for men and women through evening/weekend program.
- Situated on 200 acres of landscaped grounds in historic Morristown, the College of Saint Elizabeth today is an education complex that includes twelve buildings. Its library, laboratories, and studios are modern facilities that contain state-of-the-art technology supporting the technological requirements of today's students.
- U.S. News and World Report's 2006 Ranking of America's Best Colleges placed CSE tenth among the Best Comprehensive Colleges in the Bachelor's level-comprehensive category in the Northern territory. Overall, the 2006 ranking positions CSE first for Catholic Private Colleges in the state for the third year.
- Accreditation: The College was first incorporated under New Jersey State laws on May 29, 1900. The Association of American Universities placed the College of Saint Elizabeth in its Approved List of Colleges and Universities. The College was included also in the first published list of accredited colleges issued by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools in 1921 and it has continuously maintained such accreditation.
Related School Videos
Related School Video