|County||Bremer County, IA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|129 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,747 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,673 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||74 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||420-543||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||470-595||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||418-540||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||20-27||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||20-27||18-25|
|ACT Writing (25-75%)||7-8||6-8|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||21-26||20-25|
- Wartburg enrolls approximately 1,800 students from throughout the United States and more than 40 other countries. More than a third of firstyear students rank in the upper 10 percent of their high school class. The academic environment is characterized by small classes and strong personal support.
- Wartburg offers more than 50 academic majors in the liberal arts and in professional areas such as business administration, education, music, and communication arts. Our graduates find satisfying jobs and are admitted into top graduate and professional schools.
- The Wartburg social work program is the oldest undergraduate social work program in Iowa. Wartburg is the only Iowa private college that offers a major in music therapy.
- Wartburg is one of of only 34 colleges profiled as a college of distinction in the central U.S. region. Wartburg ranks among the nation's top 20 comprehensive colleges on the basis of academic reputation in U.S. News & World Report's edition of America's Best Colleges. Peterson's Top Colleges for Science lists Wartburg among 200 top colleges for four-year programs in biological, geological, mathematical, and physical sciences.
- Wartburg’s location in Waverly, Iowa, offers the safety and convenience of a small town, enhanced by the advantages of a nearby metropolitan area. Waverly, a community of nearly 10,000, is recognized statewide for its progressive businesses and industries.
Wartburg College - Christmas snow
1 month ago
Wartburg College Traditions
7 months ago