Mount Mercy University
Mount Mercy University Photo #2 - The extra-curricular activities at Mount Mercy, including the Drama Club, allow students to reach their highest potential in areas that interest them.
Mount Mercy University Photo #3 - Many of Mount Mercy's courses allow students to benefit from hands-on training, giving them a competitive edge upon graduating.
Mount Mercy University Photo #4 - Our students enjoy the close-knit community that a small campus provides - and allows them to get connected in many campus activities.
Mount Mercy University Photo #5 - Students enjoy many areas around campus to socialize and grab a bite to eat, including the Dining Center, Hilltop Grill, and Basile Beans coffee shop.
Mount Mercy University Photo #6 - The campus has several computer labs where students can easily plug in to check grades, update their Facebook page, or just surf the web.
Mount Mercy University Photo #7 - Mount Mercy students enjoy personal, dedicated professors who are committed to students and who can provide one-on-one attention.
Mount Mercy University, located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is as a Catholic institution in the Mercy tradition that provides a diverse group of students a practical and relevant foundation for leading successful, meaningful lives. An engaged and welcoming campus community, Mount Mercy offers students an undergraduate and graduate learning environment that is deeply personal while providing academically challenging courses and vibrant programs and experiences.
Mount Mercy University
|County||Linn County, IA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|104 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,810 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,023 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||787 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,513 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||297 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-24||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||18-24||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-24||20-25|
- Established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928, Mount Mercy has grown in size and reputation as a premier college of choice, offering students a personalized, challenging, engaging and practical education.
- Mount Mercy's tree-lined, 40 acre campus is home to more than 1,500 traditional age students, transfer students, adult accelerated students and graduate education students.
- The institution offers 35 major areas of study for baccalaureate programs, and two graduate degrees in business and education.
- The institution’s talented and dedicated faculty blend liberal arts education with professional preparation, and encourage students to strive for excellence through service to the common good, strategic communication, reflective judgment, and purposeful living.
- Mount Mercy is distinguished by graduates committed to service, both in their choice of career and personal volunteer service to the community. Of graduates over the past three years: 96% are in employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation; 43% remain in the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area; and 74% remain in Iowa to work, live and serve.