|County||Hartford County, CT|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|217 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,387 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,196 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||191 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,301 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||86 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||6%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||590-690||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||600-700||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||600-700||440-570|
|ACT English (25-75%)||26-31||19-25|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||25-29||18-25|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||26-30||20-25|
- Founded in the spring of 1823 as Washington College (the name was changed in 1845), Trinity was only the second college in Connecticut. A year after opening, Trinity moved to its first campus, which consisted of two Greek Revival-style buildings, one housing a chapel, library, and lecture rooms and the other a dormitory.
- Trinity’s 100-acre campus is located in the capital city of Hartford, Connecticut. Recent campus buildings includes a state-of-the-art Library and Information Technology Center, the Admissions and Career Services Center, the Jewish cultural center named Zachs Hillel House, and the Summit residential complex. Other projects include the Vernon Street revitalization effort and several athletic facility renovations. Plans are under way to augment the arts facilities, particularly for the performing arts.
- Trinity offers 37 majors, including engineering and environmental science, as well as interdisciplinary offerings, with more than 970 courses to choose from.
- Students at Trinity College can choose from a diverse and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that broadens the mind and deepens knowledge. Students are provided with a basic direction through a distribution requirement (one course in each of five categories: the Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Numerical & Symbolic Reasoning, and Social Sciences). At the same time, they have the individual flexibility to experiment, to deepen old interests and develop new ones, and to acquire specialized training in a major field.
- The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC).
Trinity College Kandy - Prince Edward's visit 2018
10 months ago
Trinity College controversy
5 months ago