Philander Smith College
Philander Smith College
|County||Pulaski County, AR|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--General|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total|
(research/public service staff included)
|59 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||732 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||684 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||137 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees|
|Out-State Tuition Fees|
- Philander Smith College grants access to higher education to individuals who are, or who have thepotential to be academically talented, regardless of their social, economic, or educational background. This includes theholistic development of students, the goal of helping them reach their potential as human beings, and contributing members ofsociety, the preparation of students for life in this pluralistic, complex, and technological society, and enabling studentsto understand other cultures.
- Philander Smith College offers quality education through six Centers of Excellence: Arts andHumanities, Business and Economics, Continuing Education, Education, Natural and Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences. Theliberal, specialized, and religious components of the college's curriculum are appropriately balanced and integrated toproduce a well-rounded person.
- As Philander Smith College is an institution with an affiliation with The United Methodist Church,emphasis is placed on value formation and ethical decision making. Inasmuch, all students are encouraged to participate inreligious life activities. The office of the chaplain provides spiritual direction for the students, faculty, staff, andalumni of Philander Smith College.
- The Philander Smith College campus is composed of approximately 25 acres in the heart of Little Rock,Arkansas. Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas, is located at the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains and on the southbank of the Arkansas River. The city is served by airlines, trains, bus lines and both interstate and state highways.
- Philander Smith College is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools,Association for Collegiate and Business Schools and Programs, National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education,Council on Social Work Education.
Public Interview: Philander Smith College
1 year ago