Lewis & Clark College is a private institution with a public conscience, a residential campus with global reach. Our unmatched setting, proximity to a progressive urban center, and Pacific Northwest heritage combine to offer all who teach, study, or work here a deep sense of place and broad opportunities for reflection, renewal, and recreation.
Lewis & Clark College
|County||Multnomah County, OR|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|287 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,704 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||3,274 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||430 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,151 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||1,553 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In all our endeavors and throughout our three schools, we vigorously pursue the aims of all liberal learning: to seek knowledge for its own sake and to strengthen civic leadership. Our highly interactive communities of learning challenge us all to connect ideas, reasoning, and thoughtful expression with lives of service as citizens of the world.
- College of Arts and Sciences—undergraduate courses of study leading to Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate School of Education and Counseling—graduate and professional courses of study leading to professional certification, licensure, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Education, Master of Science, Education Specialist, Doctor of Education
- School of Law—graduate and professional courses of study leading to professional certification, Juris Doctor, Master of Laws
- The College offers nearly 70 different student clubs, teams, and other organizations. Further opportunities to get involved are found by living in the residence halls, doing volunteer service, or even just attending one of our many all-campus events.
- Lewis & Clark has one of the best and most beautiful campuses spread over 137 acres in a wooded, residential area six miles from downtown Portland, Oregon, with Pacific Ocean 80 miles to the west and Mount Hood and Cascade Mountains 50 miles to the east.