Lewis & Clark College is a private institution with a public conscience, a residential campus with global reach. Our unmatched setting, proximity to a progressive urban center, and Pacific Northwest heritage combine to offer all who teach, study, or work here a deep sense of place and broad opportunities for reflection, renewal, and recreation.
Lewis & Clark College
|County||Multnomah County, OR|
|Title IV Eligible||Yes|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate (Liberal Arts) Colleges I|
|Institution Level||4 or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit|
|Full-Time Undergraduate||1,941 students|
|Part-Time Undergraduate||23 students|
|Full-Time Graduate||319 students|
|Part-Time Graduate||403 students|
|Total Enrollment||3,433 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,145 students|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||75%|
|% Students Receiving Federal Grants||14%|
|Avg. Amount Of Federal Grants Received||$3,587|
|% Students Receiving State/Local Grants||3%|
|Avg. Amount Of State/Local Grants Received||$3,708|
|% Students Receiving Institutional Grants||79%|
|Avg. Amount Of Institutional Grants Received||$14,159|
|% Students Receiving Loans||62%|
|Avg. Amount Of Loan Received||$4,419|
- In all our endeavors and throughout our three schools, we vigorously pursue the aims of all liberal learning: to seek knowledge for its own sake and to strengthen civic leadership. Our highly interactive communities of learning challenge us all to connect ideas, reasoning, and thoughtful expression with lives of service as citizens of the world.
- College of Arts and Sciences—undergraduate courses of study leading to Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate School of Education and Counseling—graduate and professional courses of study leading to professional certification, licensure, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Education, Master of Science, Education Specialist, Doctor of Education
- School of Law—graduate and professional courses of study leading to professional certification, Juris Doctor, Master of Laws
- The College offers nearly 70 different student clubs, teams, and other organizations. Further opportunities to get involved are found by living in the residence halls, doing volunteer service, or even just attending one of our many all-campus events.
- Lewis & Clark has one of the best and most beautiful campuses spread over 137 acres in a wooded, residential area six miles from downtown Portland, Oregon, with Pacific Ocean 80 miles to the west and Mount Hood and Cascade Mountains 50 miles to the east.
Related School News:
- Ore. chapel's circular pipe organ is one-of-a-kind
posted on June 13, 2012 at 01:57:00 am
PORTLAND, Ore.--The chapel at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, ...
- Review: 'The Edge of Vision' at Lewis & Clark College tracks the many looks of photographic abstraction
posted on February 28, 2012 at 06:44:00 pm
Curatorial structure is missing but dazzling imagery abounds in ...