Shawnee State University
|County||Scioto County, OH|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|206 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,509 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||3,882 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||627 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||4,411 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||98 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The University’s commitment to liberal education begins with the College of Arts and Sciences’ General Education Program, which emphasizes the importance of knowledge, values, and cultural enrichment. Building on the General Education Program, the College provides a spectrum of liberal arts degree programs in the arts and humanities, mathematics, the natural sciences, the social sciences, and teacher education. These degree programs prepare you for a career or successful matriculation into a graduate or professional degree program.
- Offering more than 80 bachelor’s and associate degree programs in areas such as arts and humanities, mathematical sciences, natural sciences, social sciences, teacher education, business administration, industrial and engineering technologies, and health sciences, at the lowest tuition rate among Ohio public universities and reduced in-district rates to eligible students in Kentucky and West Virginia; Shawnee State University is the university of opportunity. Enrollment at Ohio’s newest four-year university is typically around 3,500.
- The only public university in Ohio located on the banks of the Ohio River, Shawnee State University sports a beautifully-landscaped 52-acre campus featuring 21 buildings including the Advanced Technology Center that features one of only 50 Digistar II planetariums in the world; a three-story library featuring computers, Internet access, and thousands of books, videocassettes, CDs, government documents, and periodicals; the 102,000 square foot Vern Riffe Center for the Arts featuring a 1,139 seat Main Theater; the James A. Rhodes Athletic Center that features weight rooms, racquetball courts, gymnasium, a dance classroom, and a junior Olympic-size swimming pool; and the Children’s Learning Center, a facility that serves as a learning center for the children of students/faculty/staff/community members and a lab school for teacher education students at SSU.
- Shawnee State University has a rich tradition of success in athletics. A member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, SSU has participated in 24 National Championships in 6 of 11 sponsored sports. The SSU women’s basketball team won the NAIA Division II National Championship on March 16, 1999. A member of the American Mideast Conference since 1991, formerly the Mid-Ohio Conference, the Shawnee State Bears have won 17 championships and made 2.
Related School Videos:
Humans versus Zombies at Shawnee State University
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Arledge and Hart earn degrees from Shawnee State University - Logan Daily News
posted on July 2, 2014 at 05:12:20 am
PORTSMOUTH â€” Shawnee State University held commencement on Saturday, May 3, conferring degrees on 579 students with 338 receiving Bachelor's Degre ...
- Shawnee State University released the dean-president and #39;s list - Logan Daily News
posted on June 25, 2014 at 10:57:33 am
Shawnee State University is a student-focused university offering a highly personalized, affordable and accessible education dedicated to the exploration of ...
- Shawnee State University Board of Trustees Announces Presidential Search to ... - Community Common
posted on May 5, 2014 at 09:12:33 pm
â€œUnder Dr. Morris' leadership, Shawnee State University has gained significant momentum,â€ Higgs-Horwell said in the letter. â€œOver the last decade, th ...