|County||Alameda County, CA|
|Title IV Eligible||Participat|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges--Liberal Arts|
|Institution Level||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|140 staff||115 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,534 students||1,633 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,388 students||1,434 students|
|# Part-Time Students||146 students||137 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||937 students||1,507 students|
|# Graduate Students||597 students||129 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||5%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||530-660||450-570|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||510-610||460-573|
|SAT Writing (25-75%)||530-640||440-570|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||23-27||20-25|
- Founded in 1852 as the Young Ladies’ Seminary in Benicia, California, Mills College boasts a rich history as a leader in women’s education.
- Mills College has been setting the standard for quality in liberal arts education for more than 150 years. Historically a college for women only, Mills continues that proud tradition today on the undergraduate level. To provide enhanced professional opportunities for all students, Mills also offers renowned graduate programs open to both women and men. We are consistently ranked one of the top 75 liberal arts colleges in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognizes us as one of the top 20 most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country.
- Located in the foothills of Oakland, California on the east shore of the San Francisco Bay, Mills offers students a unique study in contrasts. Amid the green, rolling hills and century-old eucalyptus trees, students find a great place to live and learn. The campus is heavily accented with Mediterranean-style buildings, many designed by architectural innovator Julia Morgan. Paths and streams wind their way through tree groves and meadows, adding to the lush feeling that pervades our 135 acres.
Being #Trans at Mills College
4 months ago
Mills College New Music Festival 2014
7 months ago
Mills College New Music Festival 2013
1 year ago
Related School News:
- Op-Ed: Mills College Library is pleased to be in spotlight at book fair ... - Digital Journal
posted on January 29, 2015 at 02:06:00 am
This year's exhibit of rare books and manuscripts will come from the F. W. Olin Library at Mills College in Oakland," he said. "The Olin Library will display rare items from its dance and music collections, fine press books and artistic ...
- Mills College Readies for â€œWomen, Water, and the Worldâ€ Institute Exploring ... - Business Wire (press release)
posted on January 27, 2015 at 11:00:24 am
OAKLAND, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--â€œWomen, Water, and the World: How Women Can Solve the Earth's Water Crisisâ€ will be held April 11â€“20, 2015, at Mills College in Oakland, Californi ...
- Trio of Artists Finds Innovative Home in New Mills College Residency - Business Wire (press release)
posted on January 22, 2015 at 11:00:35 am
Mills College launches artist-in-residence program offering private studio space to three artists to produce new work at a time when they are struggling with skyrocketing Bay Area housi ...